Dogomania

kibble supplements?

mydogroxy

i'm sure some of you know about my woes with roxy and kibble. we've tried a bunch of foods, none of which had satisfactory results, so we're going back to the wellness. she's not really crazy about the food, so we're going to have to supplement it with tasty stuff. she already gets yogurt and eggs, but i'd like to try other things. any suggestions?

I suggest Dr. Krugers. Check out their website: [url]http://www.dockruger.com/[/url]

They are an excellent company with excellent products. I really can't say enough about them. I believe strongly in their product. And as an added bonus, they will send you a free bottle (you pay $5 s/h, but what a deal). Good luck with your kibble troubles. Just curious, did you try Canidae?

When I used to feed kibble, once or twice a week I added canned Sardines packed in water to the kibble....my dogs went crazy over the sardines...plus they are getting omega 3 fatty acids...I also added canned wild Alaskan Salmon to their food including the bones...salmon also is high in omega 3 fatty acids...I tend to stay away from fish like Tuna.

[quote name='mydogroxy']no i haven't tried canidae. i haven't seen it in any of the pet shops i frequent and the ingredients (although good) don't wow me enough to go searching for it.[/quote]

I'm actually kinda shocked you are not wow'd by the ingredients. All in all, it has to be about the best dog food out there. There are four different protein sources in the first 7 ingredients. You might want to consider researching it more. It really is much better than Wellness.

I used Wellness and while I did I felt it was an excellent food. But subsequent research has changed my mind. While I still believe it is a good food, there are somethings I dont like so much anymore. It really does have too many grains, not enough protein. I dont believe their ingredients are any better quality than other super premium brands. IMO the top 3 brands would be Canidae, Solid Gold, and Innova (or Cal Nat, same company).

What are the results you seeking to achieve, what other foods have you tried, what was unsatisfactory about them?

Scottylvr - I have to respectfully disagree with information you shared from the other board. It is quite clear this person does not have the kind of knowledge they claim. I could highlight but that would take too long.

For excellent nutrition information I hightly recommend i-dog.com

They *really* know their stuff.