Dogomania

breeding

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think my bitch is on heat at the moment and my other dog got hold of her,she has just finished her period after nine days so could she be pregnant?,if so when would she start showing and when would we need to take her to the vets for a check up. Any help would be apreciated.

You could take her into the vet now for the doggy version of the "day after" shot... easier for you than having to deal with raising and placing a litter of pups, and much safer for her and any pups she may end up with. Another option is to just have her spayed now...

If you are a breeder, then you where supposed to know the signs. But I'm aussuming your not.

The day after shot is good, so is spaying. Taking care of litters is only for experienced breeders. It is really hard to take care of a whole litter. There's the removal of dew claws, de worming, cropping/docking if needed, medical bills for every single puppy and the bitch, emergency cash will be needed incase the bitch needs a emergancy cesarean...etc...etc. The list is endless. If you do not think you are up to this, get her spayed. It's the most humane thing to do.

You can get her spayed now. In general, it takes 63 days for the pups to be carried to term. Taking care of a litter is HARD WORK. Not to mention messy, heartbreaking work. A whole litter of pups constantly crapping in your house...and waking you up at three am when the mom gets up to get something to eat or drink and you're listening to six screaming, squeaky, scratchy voices telling you how upset they are over the whole thing. And then they might be sickly and start getting ill and fading away. Or you give them all away and six months later one gets dumped in your yard, a humongous dog with NO manners and a fear of children. It really would be just easier to spay her quickly, before anything results from the locking up...

[quote name='Peng1zrule']You can get her spayed now. In general, it takes 63 days for the pups to be carried to term. Taking care of a litter is HARD WORK. Not to mention messy, heartbreaking work. A whole litter of pups constantly crapping in your house...and waking you up at three am when the mom gets up to get something to eat or drink and you're listening to six screaming, squeaky, scratchy voices telling you how upset they are over the whole thing. And then they might be sickly and start getting ill and fading away. Or you give them all away and six months later one gets dumped in your yard, a humongous dog with NO manners and a fear of children. It really would be just easier to spay her quickly, before anything results from the locking up...[/quote]

:thumbs:

The heart breaking part is right! I once helped rescue a momma cat who was pregnant. When she gave birth 2 kittens died, then the next week 3 more died. Only one was left... it was so sad... They had been in the BSPCA and I had been watching the cats and kittens for some time... I cried my eyes out when I heart that only one was left.... :cry:

Who has the website to the virtual breeding thingie? I lost it... :oops:

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']It's the most humane thing to do.[/quote]

Oh yes, definatly the most humane thing to do, also the most sensible. Get her spayed asap.

I would also like to add to every one elses great posts, that the number of animals dying at shelters each day is not getting any smaller!!! Nor is the number of dogs being mis treated, beaten, abused or simply not properly cared for. The world would be better off if these pups are not born.