Dogomania

stuffed tiger

I know he he felt!!!

A long long time ago, there was a kid's show on called "Captain Kangaroo".
One of the props on the show was this HUGE (like 4 ft tall) reddish orange stuffed dog. I forget the dogs name, but I wanted one so bad!!!

My dad got him for me for Christmas. On TV he didnt look that big, but when I saw him under the tree I started to cry cuz I was afraid of him.
He was taller and wider than I was. It took a lot of coaxing from my mom to get me to go near him. Eventually he slept with me every night,
but I still remember the first time I saw him up close.

:lol:

p.s. - I guess I;m used to large dogs in bed, huh>

:)

[quote name='courtnek']I know he he felt!!!

A long long time ago, there was a kid's show on called "Captain Kangaroo".
One of the props on the show was this HUGE (like 4 ft tall) reddish orange stuffed dog. I forget the dogs name, but I wanted one so bad!!!

My dad got him for me for Christmas. On TV he didnt look that big, but when I saw him under the tree I started to cry cuz I was afraid of him.
He was taller and wider than I was. It took a lot of coaxing from my mom to get me to go near him. Eventually he slept with me every night,
but I still remember the first time I saw him up close.

:lol:

p.s. - I guess I;m used to large dogs in bed, huh>

:)[/quote]

That is so cute, Courtnek! :lol:

My brother always wanted a cool birthday when he was little. So for his 4th birthday, he had a birthday "Kids World" along with all his friends and people in comstumes. Uh-oh. My brother and all the other kids started crying their eyes out! We finally just got the people in the costumes to leave! :lol:

My mother said a logn time ago when we where in Disneyland, Florida, there was a parade and the temprature was rising. It was really, really hot and one of the guys in the Mickey Mouse costumes hadto take off the head of Mickey Mouse or he would have fainted in the heat. One of the little girls saw it and started crying! Poor girl! Imagine seeing your favorite Disney character being assasinated! :lol:

Oh my that is funny! Mystic got spooked yesterday by a REAL tiger! Our shelter took away a baby tiger cub as he wasn't being properly cared for. We had to hold him at the shelter because the sanctuary couldn't take him till monday. She woofed a little at him, but when he roared at her she turned tail! He's cute but so NOT a pet!

[quote]He's cute but so NOT a pet!
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY "so NOT a pet!!!"

did the owners have any idea how LARGE and DANGEROUS an adult tiger can get???? Yeesshhhh.....

They require people trained in raising, feeding. housing and a LOT of room to run in....

There is a guy here who owns and raised two siberian tigers. They are SOOO white!!! But he lives on a 20 acre farm, can afford to feed them raw
meat and let them run, ahd he walks them on LEASHES around the area!!! But he's been doing this for 20 years, I think his farm is
considered a form of sanctuary......The leashes are horse training leads,
solid leather and about 3 inches thick....and he said one of the tigers actually broke one!! I cant see the average "Joe" keeping tigers...that's scary.....