Dogomania

What's that?

Annushka

Well, "I" stop eating the food I like and eat things I hate (like carrots, milk, corn, steak..) once in a while. I think it's because my body isn't getting the correct amount of nutrition. So my body makes me crave other things.. I'm not really sure though..
Then again, this is a dog. It could be sick and not hungry (but wouldn't turn down a yummy meal!). I'm not really sure :(

Sometimes Sable doesn't eat her food. Some of the things that I think cause it are:
Heat
Just not hungry
Doesn't like the brand (if you have changed)
Sick of that dog food, but after a few days it sort-of tastes new

Is Asting a picky eater? I know Sable is a VERY picky eater though if there is something new on the food, she will eat it. (usually)

:o I am having the same problem with my pup Asim. He used to eat like as if it was his last meal. Now he looks at it and walks away. He'll force himself to eat when the girls get to close to his bowl. We began adding canned dog food to add a little flavor. The first couple of meals he did good. Then he stopped again. I began mixing boiled white rice. Again he loved it then stopped. I honestly think he is a pickey eater. I now mix chicken with his food. He loves it but I bet it will not be for long before he stops again. The only thing that he hasn't given up on is salad. ( You should see him crunch on celery...) Go figure all my dogs love salad..... What is the doggie world coming to??

• 2 weeks later...

When we brought Buster home we decided on what brand of food we were going to feed him on the breeder gave us some tripe to wean him of off. We then stuck to the dry food until one day Buster would just not eat his food. I tried leaving the food down for 10 Minutes if he had not eaten it I would take it away when I did this he did not seemed bothered. I then purchased different brand of food which I soon as put it down he could'nt get enough off. I believe that he was tellling me that he was just fed up with the same food morning and night. We have no problems with his food we stick to the same brand but choose different flavours and occasionally give him scrambled egg for his breakfast which he loves. :wink: