Dogomania

What would you have done?

xavierandrea

:confused1:
Ok here is the situation. This is kind of long so thanks for listening. It was the time to take my dogs outside to go potty. ( Around 9pm) I called my middle dog Free to come outside and she followed me as usual. We have our dogs trained to go to their spot out back around the house without their leash. We stay by their side so they don't get into any trouble. When their done they run to the door to be let back in. Well as Free and I were back there she must have heard something and started walking towards the driveway. Well there was a visitor for one of my tenants walking his bike up the driveway. I immediatly yelled to the guy to keep his bike still because Free doesn't likes bikes. ( As a matter of fact Free hates anything with wheels except for cars.) Free walks over to him to smell him and see what he is all about. The guy then picks up his front tire and starts swinging at Free. Well Free doesn't like it and starts to bark at him. I again told the guy keep your bike still because my dog doesn't likes bikes. Please keep it still. I call over Free and she starts to come towards me until the guy takes a swing at her and hits her with his $@#%$ bike and she tumbles to the groud. :evil: Well Free is now angry as anyone would be. She turns around and starts barking and growling. The guy continues to hit her and I am telling him to stop it. Well I just about had it and I call her inside and she follows me. At that time my boyfriend was taking a nap so I ran to him and wake him up and explained what just happened. Well he is a very quite man and doesn't like confrontation but today was an exception. He asks where the guy is and I told him he just left. Well a few hours later Asim ( my youngest dog ) begins to bark and look out the window. I decided to look out and I see the same guy walking up my driveway again with his bike. I tell my boyfriend that the guy is back. He runs to the door and brings Free with him. He started asking the guy if he had a problem with the dog. Of coarse the guy denies he does. My boyfriend says I have one thing to tell you and that is " This dog lives here. It is her house. You do not live here. If you come over to visit someone you have no right to take a swing at our dog. She didn't start barking or growling until you hit her with your bike." Anyways to make this long story short the guy leaves the driveway saying " I love dogs. I would never hurt any dog or animal. " I was so mad because I know what I saw and what he did to her. Mind you my Free has Hip Dysplasia and Artritis. So that made me even more mad when she was hit on the back side and she tumbled over. What would you guys have done in this situation? It is your yard, your driveway and a stranger walks up, your dog goes over to sniff them and they hit your dog? Your dog gets angry and you bring her inside. Should I have done something different? Sorry this post is so long but I'm mad!!! :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: What a prick. He'd be lucky he didn't get a punch in the face from me if he did that to my dog. :evil: I thought you were MOST restrained!!!

There's probably not a lot you could have done, other than what you did. I think the guy was [color=red]asking[/color] to be bitten, personally. But then we'd all know how that would go :roll: and you'd probably be sued and your baby put to sleep. :evil:

I know people like this, compulsive lyers that will lie to your face about something you saw with your own eyes. Its just reminding me of this little idiot I know, he stole $100 from my ex and then went around telling everybody it was me, and to make matters worse when I confronted him with it he said to ME that I did it!!! :evil: Of course no one beleived him, but I could have rung his rotten neck. Then a few months later he stole $200 from my brother who is schizophrenic and then when I went over there with dad to make him give it back he told us that Willem had given the money to some one else, Willem was standing there getting agitated saying he hadn't seen this other guy for months and Willem never lies. Anyway, this guy just stood there, lying to our faces and we knew he was lieing ad there was nothing we could do about it! What type of person messes with a schizophrenics head like that? I swear I could have killed him, it made me so angry! :evil: :x
Ok, sorry that was off the topic but I had to rant!!! I guess the point of my story is that there isn't really much you can do about this type of person, sad but true :evil:

:o :evil: What a *&^@!^!!! Sheesh! I can't belive some poeple! I had to applaud you for takeing your dog in and walking away. If it were me I would have beaten the guy with his own bike (literally, I have a very bad temper). Dang..If anyone were to touch my dog in an agressive manner I would not hesitate to kick the Holy **** out of them. Oh just thinking about it is making me mad! :evil:

It sounds to me like you handled the situation in the best way possible. The "visitor" sounds like a total jerk. I would have been seething too! :x

You got Free inside safely away from this psycho, and your boyfriend called him on his actions later. As decent human beings and responsible pet owners you guys did what was correct.

If the lying jerk comes by again and does ANYTHING out of line, don't you have the right to speak to your tenant and ban this guy from your property?

OK first of all I probably would have done some serious damage to the guy and his bike but that would have been very bad so I am not advocating that.
Second, and please believe me I'm saying this with the kindest possible intentions, leash the dog when its outside, for its own saftey or get a fenced area, even an xpen. Legally speaking, it does not matter why Free was distressed. It will be you and Free who pay in any misunderstanding. And there are people who are afraid of dogs (or who have a relig. based intolerance of them) they are not going to want your dog even walking, calmly, tail-waggingly up to them. They will get scared or behave in a way that may incite the dog to behave in a way it may not normally behave and they would, legally not be at all liable (common driveway) now if he was in your house or your private fenced yard that would be different.
Third - The guy is a lying jerk!

Thanks guys for listening to me. Boy was I upset yesterday. Free is doing fine. Thank Goodness I was scared she would be hurting this morning. I am going to talk to my tenant and explain what happened last night. As an owner I can ban a guest if I feel the person can cause harm to the residents, property or animals residing here. ( I looked over the leases to make sure. ) I have a right to protect what is mine but in the same breathe my tenants have a right to visitors..... I do have a fenced yard... That is why we let our dogs roam the yard. OH BOY.. I'm begining to get mad all over because I'm thinking of what happened to Free :evil: ......
I'm sure glad I did the right thing... Thanks everyone... :D

What a @$sHole! :x He had no right at all to do what he did! I would have done some serious damage to him and his bike! You took the whole situation really well, hooray for you! :wink: Thank Goodness Free is safe and well, and you and your boyfriend too! Who knows what goes on in minds of people like that? I say you ban him from visiting your property ever again.... the prick!

Reminds me of a time my mom had visitors. Me and Rowie where out back, and the front gate was open (Rowie couldn't see it, the house blocked it). Everything was fine, until Rowie heard one of the guests laugh loudly...uh oh! I grabbed her collar, and took her out front [b]with a lead on[/b] to meet everybody, to quinch her curiosity. I knew it would do good traning too, getting her to meet a bunch of people at one time. Anyway, to the point. I told my mom, and she asked everyone if it was ok if I brought Rowie to see them. [b]Everyone agreed it was okay.[/b] So I brought her in on a short leash, and she sniffed everyone, the whole routine. When she went to sniff an elderly aunt of mine, she screamed bloody murder and took a pillow and bashed Rowie's poor head with it! Rowie yelped, oh you cannot imagine that yelp! It's like hearing you child cry, but worse. Rowie tried to get out of her way but she kept bashing her head again, and again! I was screaming and crying for her to leave her alone! My mom came in, and almost dropped the tea she had been carrying! She quickly went and intervened, and Rowie and I made a full retreat to my bedroom, where I cried and massaged Rowie's head. Now my aunt had something against Rowie the first day she had ever seen her. I'm sure she lied when she said it was okay for Rowie to come in as an excuse to hit her! My mom hasn't invited her over since...and it won't be long before she invites her either!

Now what kind of trianing did that do to Rowie? Thankfully, she still isn't afraid to meet people, or isn't afraid of pillows. And how could Rowie leave my aunt alone if she wouldn't stop hitting her? I was really, really mad. My aunt denied saying that she said it was okay for Rowie to come in, and said she had allergies and that was why she had hit Rowie! Yeah right, she thinks my mom wouldn't know her aunt after all these years? :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I would ban this man from my proeperty...but I would also keep my dog on a leash.

If the dog had bitten this idiot...you could have been sued...and even if you won...that costs money.

sixjollydogs...who is feeling a lot less jolly due to this not taking my id...keeps telling me it is already taken...of course by me. :-?

[quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a *&^@!^!!! Sheesh! I can't belive some poeple! I had to applaud you for takeing your dog in and walking away. If it were me I would have beaten the guy with his own bike (literally, I have a very bad temper). Dang..If anyone were to touch my dog in an agressive manner I would not hesitate to kick the Holy **** out of them. Oh just thinking about it is making me mad!

[/quote]

me too. However, the best bet is to keep the dog away from this asshole, since the law wont side with you..

grrrrrrrrr

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ..

Jerk! Try to keep your dogs away from him. No telling what he might do next. We know 2 things about him#1 he doesn't mind inflicting harm on animals #2 he lies so stay clear. As hard as it is for me to fathom, there are people out there whom hate or dislike dogs and will do them harm. Not everyone is a dog person. (Thats why I hang out here with you guys. It's funny how dog people find each other, I work on a campus with about 100 on staff and there are 5 of us whom are dog crazy.) We came in contact with a jerk out in the country at our lake cabin. My oldest son took his yellow lab, a beautiful hunting dog to our cabin and a teenaged boy tried to run him down with a four wheeler. It still upsets me and ticks me off. My "grand dog" is unharmed and we had to jump the kids arse with the kids parents looking on from down the road.

What an asshole. You did the correct and sensible thing, however if it was me I don't think I would have been able to control myself. I would have either launched myself at him or I would have been yelling for my boyfriend to come outside and then the dickhead wouldn't have know what had hit him. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

One time this guy came over to my house and my dogs went up to and were just sniffing and then he started hitting and kicking them as hard as he could it made me so sad :cry: