Dogomania

?Food allergy?

imported_Lina

• 3 months later...

There is actually no such thing as a "non allergic" food..... People/dogs with food allergies are allergic to the source of protien. We become allergic to the things we are most often exposed to, especially from an early age...... Therefor, dogs are very often allergic to beef as it is used in so many dog foods. Because of this people started bringing out foods with novel protiens (ones that had never been in dog foods before) such as lamb and marketing them as hypoallergenic.... the truth is that they are not and now more dogs are becoming allergic to lamb as well because it is in so many foods..... The food you were feeding the mum had something in it that the pups were reacting to.... you have to do an elimination (test each ingriedent one by one) to work out what it is.....
My dog is allergic to (that we know of):
Beef
Lamb
Corn
Tuna and
Sardines
She also has an intolerance for eggs (make sher go ADD).

Hope this helps!!

Im not entirly sure I understand the problem. Are the puppies alergic to mothers milk, or is the mother alergic to her food. If the puppies are alergic to the mothers milk, then you could try puppy formula. It sould be avalibal at a pet store or vet hospital (we have some at the hospital I work for just incase)

If the mother is alergic to her food, then you can think about changing the food to low alergin, or ultra low alergen (Hills perscription diet h/d). Or if it is a skin alergen Eukanubla Response.

Talk to you vet if there is a problem, Puppies are very delicate.