Dogomania

what do you think?

Top Dog

Some people favour Pet insurance whilst some tend to favour a savings account for the purpose of a possible crisis arising but what do you think is the best avenue to pursue?
Is insurance all it is cracked up to be....Have your say!

Does anybody know anything about [url]www.pet-health-insurance.co.uk[/url] ?

Hi Shannon,
I'll be honest and say that I have no idea! I registered under the name 'Top Dog' as it was the first name that popped into my head and at that point I had no avatar at all and whilst off browsing around managed to come across this the picture I'm using and thought it was quite fitting for obvious reasons (name on hat) and that was that!
I didn't really pay that much attention to the breed altough upon close inspection I think it may be something like a Staffy or a Bulldog although from what I've seen on your web page you should have a pretty good idea of what a Bullmastiff looks like so who knows?????
Are you a Brummy then shannon? :roll:

I was off having a look around another forum yester day and came across this link that can only be described as a real eye opener. It lists human foods and the effects that they can have on dogs which should really be taken seriously in my opinion. :o

[url]http://www.peteducation.com/category_summary.cfm?cls=2&cat=1939[/url]

[quote name='Top Dog']I was off having a look around another forum yester day and came across this link that can only be described as a real eye opener. It lists human foods and the effects that they can have on dogs which should really be taken seriously in my opinion. :o

[url]http://www.peteducation.com/category_summary.cfm?cls=2&cat=1939[/url][/quote]

[color=darkred]Most human food can have an effect on dogs, meat like pork upsets them too. They are very sensitive to most foods, this is why owners should be careful what they feed![/color]

This really came as quite a shock to me which is why I thought I would share it here.
It is amazing how man people I have seen feed their dogs all manner of foods without ever taking the consequences into consideration!
Many people believe that feeding garlic in the dogs diet can be good for repelling fleas but can have all of the following effects although cats are have more of a weakness towards the effects:

Vomiting, diarrhea, anemia, discolored urine, weakness, liver damage, allergic reactions, asthmatic attacks, and in case of skin exposure, contact dermatitis.

It's mad how a little additive to a meal can produce such effects and I think we should all be extremeley careful!

[color=darkred]My Bullmastiff Charlie used to have garlic in his food every now and again to help repel fleas but I found paying more from a vet for Advantage, helped rather than a tub of that stuff which I now know can do more harm than good.
There are various foods I do not feed my dogs, for the sake of there health.
Some owners do not realise what they are feeding them..there are a couple who live next door to me and there Boxer is expecting puppies.....you know exactly what those dogs are being fed on and I can tell you its not healthy by looking at there stools.[/color]