Dogomania

Grrrr....weather rant

Carolk9s

Ok, I am officially sick of summer and truly sick of thunderstorms. Blah blah blah blah. 8)
By the middle of January of this year, I was sick of snow, and I really like snow!
Now we're smack dab in the middle of summer and I'm ready for fall! We had a storm roll in during the very wee hours of the morning, Jesse woke me, he was panic stricken.
I did not realize it rained so hard last night, I was out cutting grass today and suddenly ended up in standing water. Dang! Anyone have some goats I can borrow? The weeds are taking over!
I won't even go into the skeeter issue.
Now another storm is rolling through. Candy has been lying close to me, thank goodness she is only moderately bothered by it. Jesse slept through the first rumbles of thunder but suddenly leapt to his feet and came charging back. Luckily he settled down behind me and is only mildly panting. Once he is upset, it's too late to employ any preventative measures like the peppermint extract or Melatonin etc.
Okay, enough ranting from me for now! :lol:

Last night we had a HUGE thunderstorm. :o I HATE thunder and lightning. Sable started barking a little, and mom went and let her out, but then she didn't want to come back in (maybe she had to go potty really bad :lol: ) One thunder shook the house and rattled the windows :o So much for a nice nights rest :roll: We have had a pretty dry summer :( I like rain better. :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Tony and Cleo don't seem to be as bothered as much by thunderstorms, Cleo simply hates getting wet :lol:

Now when it comes to fireworks, that where Cleo gets panicked! Finally they have slowed down if not stopped in our area. We've done Rescue Remedy and I have also just boarded her at work, but it gets worse year by year. I'm afraid next year she will be on tranquilizers :(

[quote name='Tater']Tony and Cleo don't seem to be as bothered as much by thunderstorms, Cleo simply hates getting wet :lol:

Now when it comes to fireworks, that where Cleo gets panicked! Finally they have slowed down if not stopped in our area. We've done Rescue Remedy and I have also just boarded her at work, but it gets worse year by year. I'm afraid next year she will be on tranquilizers :([/quote]

Tater, I can very much relate to a dog with fireworks phobia, poor things it must sound like the world is ending to them!
There is an alternative to tranqulizers that MIGHT help Cleo stay a bit more relaxed. It was actually discussed in this thread: [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=6728[/url]
I urge you to read it and consider trying the peppermint extract and Melatonin at least. Using the Comfort Zone helped here too. It is important to treat the dog BEFORE the noise starts.
If you go with tranquilizers, be careful. I've read some nasty things about ACEPROMAZINE aka ACE.
I actually used ACE on Jesse some years ago, it knocked him down so far he could not stand for over an hour.
Using the treatments listed in the thread have seriously helped Jesse stay calm and not panic during a storm. Hope it will help Cleo too.

I am so sick of summer. :-?
But we have had rain here off and on for the past week. :roll:
It will be pooring down rain one minite then the next minite it's sunny, but just a few hours later it will rain again. :-?
I am kinda tired of the random rain, I just wish mother nature will make up her mind here. :-?

Guest Anonymous

At least you all are getting rain!!! We havent had a good downpour here for quite a while. The cracks in the yard are huge!! The temp has been in the mid to high 90's (with the heat index well over the 100's) and the humidity has been dreadfull. I have been having to wait until at least 11pm to walk any dogs and even then I come home dreanched with sweat. Cant wait for Fall to get here!! Some of the rain you all are getting would be GREAT!!! :Help_2: