Dogomania

PLEASE HELP SICK PUPPY

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello. I need some help. On Tuesday we got a 7 week old dachshund. Since about 6pm tuesday night, he has thrown up about 7 times. Its now 4am Friday morning. The first 4 or 5 times, his throwup was the color of his dog food. The last couple of times he makes the noise but nothing comes out or a very very tiny amount. My wife MAY have fed him a little to much thursday morning. Could this be it or do we need to go to the vet? :-? Thanks for all your help. Brian

[b][i]I have a book for the first aid and this is what it saying about vomoting:
[quote]1.Remove his feeding dish-It's better to restrict food and give your pe's tummy a rest for at least 12-24 hours.
2.Give water sparingly- Drinking a lot of water will only make the stomach more upset,and the water will come right back up.Offer tiny amounts of water-maybe a tablespoon at a time,every 15-20 minutes.
3.Offer Ice-Vomiting can cause rapid dehydration,so it's important to try to keep some liquid down your pet.Try offering an ice cube for him to lick.
4. Give your dog some PEPTO=Pepto-Bismol help manage vomiting in dogs.It coats the stomach wall to soothe the upset.The dose for dog is 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of body weight,to a maximum of 2 tablespoons up to three times a day.Draw up the liquid in an eyedropper,a needleless syringe,or even a turkey baster.Then tilt your dog's head up,insert the tip of the aplicator in his cheek,squirt in the medecine,and hold his mouth closed untill you see him swallow[/quote]
And remember that is just first aid and you need to go to the vet ASAP[/i][/b]

Guest Anonymous

get this puppy checked for PARVO right away! Did you get him from a pet store? or from a breeder?

If from a breeder CALL THE BREEDER right away to let them know what is happening.

Judy
Sourire Belgian Sheepdogs
New Jersey

Guest Anonymous

Thanks everyone for replying. We took him to the vet and he doesnt think he has parvo. He said dogs with parvo dont run and jump like he does. He thinks a worm got in his belly causing him to throwup. So he wormed him again.He said this morning if he shows no symptoms by 3 he should be fine. He has only thrown up 1 time , and it was yellow, same color as the wormer. Vet also said dogs with parvo have diarrhea, and he took a stool sample and said his looks good. He did have a little diarrhea around 4:30 but it was yellow to, and doc said the wormer caused it. I have to take him back to the vet in the morning. So, as if right now, he sleeps alot, but does play and run when he gets up, hasnt eaten since last night but drank some water, thrown up once and had diarrhea once. All you intellegent dog people, help me rest easy, does it sound like he has parvo? Thanks again Brian

It's still a possibility - but only the vet can tell you. If he's not better by your vet's time, then take him back. Wormer can make them throw up and have diarhea too, but if you're still concerned when you take him back have the vet run the test. I believe it's a simple blood test.

Good luck! Hope he's all better soon....

Guest Anonymous

he is better the vet said if eveything is fine by 3 he should be ok its now 5:18 here from thursday night at 7 till friday morning at 4 he threw up 7 times since 4 this morning till now 1 time and it was from the wormer thanks for replying