Dogomania

Dog Tethers/Tie-outs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:D I am asking for opions and suggestions regarding a new product a partner and I have developed called "Tethermaster". We are both dog lovers and have spent years developing this product (even patented it), and we would like to hear other people's reaction to the product.

Please view our website and let me know what you think about product, price, and general attitudes. Please be nice, we have spent a lot of years developing this.

[url]www.tethermaster.com[/url]

[url]www.tethermaster.com

I own a 135 lb. Yellow Lab and this product holds him securely.

Let me know :lol:

Ron[/url]

I think you should include guidelines for appropriately tying out your dog, and remind people that it does not protect your dog from other people or animals, to make sure to have food and water and shade, etc.

Also the site does not state how much weight the line can take. Although I don't use tie-outs myself, I've grown increasingly frustrated with products that say for big dogs and have dinky weights on them or don't list anything at all. Many people seem to think that 150 is the biggest a dog can get. I actually saw a product yesterday for large dogs 20-45 pounds!! I'm sure you think that having your 130 lb dog test it is good, but remember a lot of us have much bigger dogs and would like to buy products too!

Use for cats? Isn't that dangerous? What if a dog or another cat came along and the cat couldn't get away?

I think that this is a good product. Instructions are a neccesity!! :lol:
I do not belive in tying dogs out because they do not have any way of being protected (as a fence would do) or getting away if it is under attack.
I think that if your animal is on the chain that a human should be there supervising the entire time.
The price is fair...I would rather save it to invest in a fence but....

Well hope that this product goes well for you and that it is a great success. :sweetCyberM:

I think that this is a great product for people who can not have a fence. :thumbs:

I guess that I am always going to go for the fence :olympic:

Guest Anonymous

:P Thanks for the input so far, good suggestions, we will add better instructions for tie-out use for pets. This was developed for people who could not afford fences and locations where fences are not practical. We agree that a tether is for temporary restraint and must be checked on an occasional basis for the dog's safety.

The cable that comes with the unit is three times stronger than commercial cables so a goat could not chew through the cable! It took me 5 minutes sawing with a hack saw to get through it.

Keep the suggestions coming - we appreciate your input.

:lol:

Ron

I would use it if my townhome yard was not fenced, many of those in our complex are not and a few have dogs. I would use it for letting pups out to do their business in between walks or putting them out when I vaccume so they do not attack the big scary vacume monster. :lol:

Looks good to me. My Lab loves to sit out front and watch the people go by, so I put her on a similar set up from time to time. Truthfully, we have something that we put together ourselves on a swivel with a plastic coated cable from the Home Depot. It works fine for us, but our dog doesn't try to pull it out. I guess it would be a great product for those dogs who try to "escape".

By the way, I have an idea I have been kicking around for a few months now and have contacted a patent attorney, but it is so expensive. Did you do the search yourself, or did you hire someone to do a patent search and application?

Looks like a good product. I agree that fences are best, but some of us can't put them in for one reason or another. To me, the price seemed a little high, but I haven't researched what other similar products are, so I'm no expert!

Just thought you'd like to know - 1st paragraph, 2nd line there is a typo. Heady should be heavy. Just the teacher in me coming out, I guess! :-?