Dogomania

Kara's spay/neuter vest

spiritsmom

Remember I posted pics of Spirit's spay/neuter vest awhile back? Well, now Kara has her own vest in a different color and with some new slogans also from NeuterNeuterLand. She seems to like having it on and we went to Petsmart today to show it off - the employees there liked it!

[img]http://www.fuzzybutts.com/Kara%20Vest%20side2small.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fuzzybutts.com/Kara%20Vest%20side1small.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fuzzybutts.com/Kara%20Vest%20backsmall.jpg[/img]

You know, on this board I have heard nothing but positive things regarding my vest idea for my dogs. I posted the same pics on another board and wouldn't you know, someone replied and said that making animals wear such things isn't natural for them. Well, you know lots of people refuse to spay/neuter because that's not "natural" either for them. I must say I'm very surprised by that kind of response. I was told that I shouldn't make my dogs spread my message for me. Just kinda makes me a little mad at first, but that's just one person's opinion and they are entitled to it.

They'd probably flip if they knew all the things I do to my dogs: they have winter coats to wear when it gets cold, they have boots to wear so they don't get salt in their paws, they all have many bandannas, they also have hiking boots to protect their feet in the woods, they have many different collars to choose from, I dress them up for holidays and their birthdays, and they have a selection of t-shirts to wear. I suppose all this is just horrible, I'm a bad pet owner because of all that! I just think there are worse things that people do to dogs than making them wear a vest, service dogs wear vests al the time and for longer periods of time than my dogs do!

Just had to vent a wee bit, excuse that.

[quote]they have boots to wear so they don't get salt in their paws, they all have many bandannas, they also have hiking boots to protect their feet in the woods,[/quote]

Guess I'm a horrible owner to, I dress Abby up all the time, geez I must be torturing the poor thing. :roll:
I agree with Malamum, some people just like to complain. I think your vests are really nice, and I'm considering getting one. Where can I find some? :)

i personally think it is an awesome idea. furthermore, not only is it cool that it's your dog that is spreading the message, but i think her being taught to be tolerant of wearing different things is a sign of being well conditioned and patient, something a LOT of dogs aren't.

I agree completely and said as much too. I work hard to socialize and train my girls to accept most everything. The exception is Kyra who will likely never be an outgoing, accepting type of dog - she will not wear a vest. But the rest really don't care, I can do anything to them like trim their nails and foot fur without a fight. I am proud that my dogs are so accepting.

[quote]The exception is Kyra who will likely never be an outgoing, accepting type of dog [/quote]

iT'S HER NAME!!!

I have a client named Kyra - she is intolerant, impatient, rude, sometimes downright nasty.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the vest...very fetching....