Dogomania

Pet shop closed!!!!

abker17

A local pet shop in my city that sold puppies has gone out of business!!!! :B-fly: The pet shop sold puppies for prices of $500 and up(way up) the puppies were dirty, and (although I don't have proof) prabably came from puppy mills (I live near Pensylvania(sp?), a big puppy mill place :( ) So that's one pet store down one to go! There is one still in business, that again sells puppies for outragous prices, including Cockapoo pups and other "poo" "breeds" :x :roll:

[quote]Which pet shop was it?[/quote]

A small family owned pet shop called Bob's Pet Shop. They also sold kittens, ferrets, rabbits guinea(sp?) pigs, feed mice, snakes, lizards, they sold just about every kinda animal that u could own.... :-?

Hey not to rain on your parade or nothing, but I work in a pet store. We don't get our puppies from puppy mills we get them from reputable breeders with good background. Most of our breeders are Amish. Right now we have a Beagle, Cockapoo, and two Chihuahua's. And are animals are in perfect condition and are well taken care of. SO they are not all bad!!!

Trust me on this one Aussielover- these puppies were from puppy mills. I know that if given the choice between buying a couple cheap dogs from the mill, or buying some very exspensive pups from a breeder, these people woulda chosen the mill. People like that don't care about the pups, it all about $$$$

I have never myself seen where the puppies are at my boss's are the ones that pick them up and they say that they do not buy from puppy mills. All of our dogs have papers and we do not get them for cheap either they are full blooded dogs. The stuff I have seen on puppy mills the dogs are usually not healthy and they are malnutritioned and dirty, our puppies come in and they are always clean. We don't always buy from the Amish, we have some reputable breeders that we buy from too. We have had some problems with people giving us puppies that are supposed to have their first shots and it turns out they don't we had a litter of Chihuahua's die on us from Parvo but it wasn't our fault they had it before we got them. I don't know, I work there for the money and I like animals so, I have four cats and three dogs plus two fish tanks and 120 gallon pond outside. I am just an animal lover at heart and will be till the day I die!!