Dogomania

Vet visit, very fat Staffy

bk_blue

Lily (who was on heat) went to the vet today, all is good and she is booked in to have her op soon. This does have some DOG relevance lol. There was the most gorgeous Staffy there called Tank. which was appropriate because I don't think I've ever seen a fatter dog in my entire life. :o He had just had a double knee reconstruction... apparently he was born with bad kneecaps (back legs). I was tempted to say, "Well, I'm sure him being that overweight isn't helping him," but I resisted because it's not really my place to lecture strangers, that's why they are at the vet's! He got on the scales in the waiting room while I was there and he weighed 25kg. I don't know what the average weight is for a Staffy but he'd have to be over it. BK is 3 times the size of Tank and weighs 22kg. But Tank was ABSOLUTELY the most gorgeous, friendly, happy dog in there. All smiles and I don't think his tail stopped wagging the whole time! I tell you K you are very lucky to see that grin every day! :D I want a Staffy... 8)

Ah-ha. The maximum recommended weight for a Staff is 17kg. :o I guess is depends on proportion, but Tank was not exactly IN proportion. :)

There was also a yellow Lab (of course :wink: ), two Shih-Tzus (one puppy, very cute), and a young Golden... not fully grown, but not tiny, with a beautiful blonde coat. :angel:

Guest Anonymous

Max (my Staffy Bull) weighs 22.68 kilos (50 pounds) he stands taller than the average Staffy Bull and he's solid muscle. The vet remarks on how fit he is every time I bring him in. So I guess it depends on the individual dog.

He came from Yankeestaff kennels in Texas K. His pedigree is loaded with champions but I think that all of the dogs (at least for several genrations) were american bred.

I know that she is known for breeding larger Staffys. I guess they like everything BIG in Texas!