Dogomania

Cody Went Shopping!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a vest for Cody that i got at SitStay.com and i had sewen on it " I AM DEAF" and a patch that says please ask to pet me i'm friendly..

So everytime we go out he has that on becuase i dont want someone to "sneak" up on him and pat him just in case he were to bite ( i know he never would but better to be safe then sorry )
Everytime we take him out people think he's in training, so i go in to the long story he's deaf, blah blah..

So i baby sit this handipcapped child and her brother and spend lotso f time with them and their mom ( dad's deployed to Iraq and mom is also in the military ) well when we go out we have Cody with us sorta as Makenna's service dog (he does GREAT)

Well today was Cody's day to get specail mommy and daddy time alone so we put his vest on ( i will get a picture of him with his vest on.. if i could only get my camera to work.... can anyone help? )
and he went shopping with us in Old Navy. he did such a great job!! you would never know he's only 6 months old ( TODAY!!! ) EH stays right by me or the cart and sit's or lays down when we stop.. i'm so proud of him!!

lol just wanted to share with you :) he loves to go shopping!! so be on the look out for us , anyone in the tacoma/seattle area! :)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='mjriggl2']Woooo... how lucky you are! Cannot imagine they allowed you in Old Navy? Is that just Old Navy or is that just Seattle... or is that just Cody? :o[/quote]

it's just Cody.. lol i've brought him in to malls, target, walmart, old navy. No one really says anything i think becuase he has a vest on. and people think he's a service dog in training..
i know it's bad but he's my "son" lol and i want him to have as much socialization as possible so he'll be the best dog and not let anything bother him...

you should have seen the people at 4th of july. they were so amazed that Cody didn't freak out. lol just barked at a kid he didnt like.. i was like oh he did great becuase he can't hear.. and then they are like really... and ask amillion questions, which i dont mind :)

Guest Anonymous

i'm in the process of fixing it right now.. well trying to.. i keep emailing back the HP tech.. support people.. but as soon as it's fixed i'll get a picture of him and post it on here!! :) promise

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='hillside']I wouldn't feel guilty about it. You aren't really misrepresenting him. If they aren't going to look too closely........ :wink:[/quote]

lol that is the way i think :) he really is deaf... and i'm just warning people.. if they think he's a service dog.. well then... whatever :) if someone stops to ask me i tell them..

[quote name='DeafAussieLover'][quote name='mjriggl2']Woooo... how lucky you are! Cannot imagine they allowed you in Old Navy? Is that just Old Navy or is that just Seattle... or is that just Cody? :o[/quote]

it's just Cody.. lol i've brought him in to malls, target, walmart, old navy. No one really says anything i think becuase he has a vest on. and people think he's a service dog in training..
i know it's bad but he's my "son" lol and i want him to have as much socialization as possible so he'll be the best dog and not let anything bother him...

you should have seen the people at 4th of july. they were so amazed that Cody didn't freak out. lol just barked at a kid he didnt like.. i was like oh he did great becuase he can't hear.. and then they are like really... and ask amillion questions, which i dont mind :)[/quote]

wow you're a sweet dog mommy. Good idea. :bday: