Dogomania

Shampoo for White dogs?

mommacat

I have a Japanese Spitz pup that has that beautiful white, fluffy puppy coat. I like to keep her looking nice, but she loves to dig, and we have really black dirt, so when it is rainy here (as it has been a lot lately!!) just going outside gets her real dirty. :evil:
I don't want to bathe her too much, so am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Do the shampoos made specifically for white dogs really help, and, if so, which ones are the best? How about the doggy wipes, would they help for in-between, and are they the same as baby wipes, or are they significantly different?
Thanks for all your help!! :)

I use snowy coat (cannot think of the company's name for nothing now...watch me get home and remember it) on my little one, who is mostly white. However, if you use any dog shampoo, not just a whitening one, but let it sit on the dog for two or three minutes, then rinse well, the dog will practically shine. Be sure you are washing her all over--her head, tail, belly, legs and feet. parts of her being dirty can give her clean parts a "dingy" look. I got a hose for my shower stall to wash them with--much more efficient than scooping water over them. You could also lather, rinse, repeat for the same effect.

You need ICKLE for this one, other than keeping breeding and showing them :o
She also judged them at CRUFTS the other year :wink:

I will pm her and let her know about the topic :lol:

[quote name='Peng1zrule']I use snowy coat (cannot think of the company's name for nothing now...watch me get home and remember it)[/quote]

[b][u][color=red]Hey is this it.[/color][/u][/b]
[img]http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/in150091.jpg[/img]
Snowy Coat Shampoo by Lambert Kay
This is a stand-by of groomers and a favorite of dog owners alike. Restores brilliance and shine to white and light colored coats, tones down brassiness and removes stains, all without bleach or harsh chemicals. Conditions and softens to leave coats full and manageable.

[b][u][color=blue]There is this shampoo that has aloe vera in it, so the coat won't dry out.
I use this same brand on my dogs coat, except I use the darking one for her black coat. And it works great. [/color][/u][/b]
[img]http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/inP020014.jpg[/img]
White Pearl Shampoo by Eight In One
Over time, dogs with white or light colored coats can look drab, dull or discolored. White Pearl Shampoo uses special whiteners and coat brighteners to return these dogs to dazzling brightness. Contains aloe vera and rich conditioners to keep skin healthy and coat silky and manageable, with a clean, fresh fragrance.

I have used the shampoos for white dogs on the my sheltie I had a few years ago, he was sable with a white collar, chest and paws. It worked great on him and even did wonders for his sable fur and never seemed to dry him out. The brand I prefered for my sheltie was Blue Diamond by Cardinal Laboratories, you can get it at Petsmart. I use it rarely on my maltese because it does dry his hair. There is a huge difference in the coat types of of maltese and shelties. It's said that maltese have hair, not fur. I have just discovered a line of products called Pet Silk and they have several color enhancing shampoos and I do plan on trying the one for white dogs. It's suppose to be wonderful and gentle and has been recomended by some maltese show people. I have tried Pet Silk conditioning shampoo and conditioner and it is exceptional. They have a product called liquid silk that is good too. On my sheltie I never had any trouble keeping is feet looking good between baths, I would just brush him and it seemed to do the trick. Haven't tried the wipes and I don't think they would work on my maltese. With the difference in the breeds hair/fur type it may work for you.

Hi Mommacat
I am sure you already have much advise on coat shampoo
.The thing is the japanese spitz coat is double thickness and should only have a soft undercoat with a slightly harsher top coat. just like your sams.
You wanted something to use between wet shampoos well I use a human dry shampooo called [b]Baptiste[/b] it in a spray can which lets you get down to the skin if you need to get that deep. (Would n't you know it I cannot find the can to tell you the maker but will be getting more tomorrow so will email again)
You just spray it all over the coat and brush or rub it it gently thru the coat leave it for 10-15 or so ( longer if there is a wet stain when I would let it dry)and then brush it all out. ( Take care to avoid the eyes)
I find it great for between shows and if they get their feet or feathering dirty at the show .(Of course here we have to remove all the powder before going in the ring, Good for white on any dog. I use it on my shelties & frenchies.
Ickle
Hope this helps and if I can help at any time I am only to happy so please do not hesitate to ask :D :D