Dogomania

Pumpkin

Dear Pumpkin: This Sunday you will have been gone one year. That last day was probably the worst day I will ever spend- I thought you would just go to sleep, die peacefulltyat home, but you were too tough. Perhaps you saw how much pain we were in and wanted to stay to help me feel better-you always were very sensitive and would crawl up on my lap if I was crying over something. For alot of years I had a few things to cry about, and your pretty sable fur soaked up allot of those tears. You did have a wonderful unique life tho. Not allot of Pomeranians have ridden for 100's of miles in a dogsled, or spent hours hiking through the woods, or swimming in lakes. You were a pretty good frisbee dog for a little tyke too, you could grab them right out of the air. Then I found those two lumps under your jaw, and the vet said you had cancer-lymphoma, and that you would maybe live 2 or 3 more months. I cried every one of those days, as well as the 2 more months you hung on. At last I couldn't watch you suffer any more, and my wonderful vet Jerry had to help you get to the bridge. Good bye sweet poofy tail :(

That is beautiful, and now I'm crying again. It was a tough weekend, both the husband and I shed a few tears. I just finished the garden I built in our front yard for her under a huge oak tree- her favorite spot. There is a rock from the North shore of Lake Superior with her name ingraved on it and iris planted along the back. In the front I put a small herb garden and of course some carrots, her absolutely favorite food.

• 11 months later...

And yet another year Pumpy, and I still miss you so much. Little Cricket does allot of the same things you did, probably because she was raised by the same weird owners you had. I still cry when I look at your scrapbook, or hold your urn. We made a garden for you in the yard, and planted plenty of orange flowers, and carrots in the garden. I gave some of your old toys to Cricket, but bouncy ball disappeared. Dad thinks you came back and took it; Some part of me hopes to [i]not[/i] find it, so I can believe that he is right... kisses sweetie...
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwC5Au8YEAObPx5827MXiipoHy3a5xDXYK4KHq6loJk9uiQuzxqfGwKSQKwamZbNvL62r8tHkhPAvKtFhh6Kpa1vBN0A96Qmu2tOTRgmUudaEFt6qn7ebea7xYQjtWpx/66686_25.jpg?dc=4675462040657793740[/img]

• 11 months later...

And again another year. There is still a hole in my heart for you little one- Cricket cannot fill that place, only prepare a site for one of her own.
Pumpkin- 9/11/90 to 6/22/02
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADhAlwZ3R0620mPAVD31wt3Tme3bR4KXU1!fwkZmHrble9rGEztOJ2crHWZtzqw6rp0zHI9MJ*RsuPXYeF67TBjPbwZXNSrLAgb55kWbz8SgX3h18nIQ3SCdxwAcHcc/pumpy.jpg?dc=4675527462421692017[/img]