Dogomania

Need help with jumping

AussieLover

My 18 week old Australian Shepherd is a very good dog. But everytime anyone walks up to him he wants to jump. I need help on how to get him to stop doing this. He has very sharp nails and has done some damage with them. Plus if he is outside he gets dirty and the jumps up and gets who ever he jumps on dirty too. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Rowie still jumps too. :-? And she's a year old and 6 mon.! :-? What's weird tho, is she will only jump on guests and not on ME! And yesterday I went to a friends party, and they had this beautiful doggie, and when I first saw him, he didn't jump! Just came and sniffed me! I wish Rowie was more like that! :roll:

Sorry, that was no help at all! :roll:

What kind of training are you using for her obedience?

We're doing clicker training in our class right now and give the dog a click and a treat every time they come up to someone without jumping. (When they do jump, they get ignored.) After a few times, you can't GET them to jump on you -- they want that treat!