Dogomania

THE NERVE!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I was right about Sit Stay. Sorry if anyone else is a part of there, but ARG!
I've NEVER gotten along with them! When I was at Sit Stay, NO ONE would accept me, and I was goin through a real rough time with Hazel, it was before I was able to make any deals with my parents, and I couldn't help her.
Well, I figured ya know, might as well give it a second chance right? I mean I'm a forgiving person, but NEVER AGAIN will I go there! Everyone there is just MEAN! Their all snobs, and must always see it their way, and no one elses! I went there to get more info about Flyball and stuff for Coal, cuz I know they have a whole topic place dedicated to all different kinds of sports.
So I first posted under "Humor and Stories" because it's the closest thing to an NDR or "New Members' Or anything of that sort there. They don't have any places for just general issues!!!

So I wrote:

[quote]Hey! Some of you may formally know me as "HazelNutMeg". But unfortanatly, Hazel had to be PTS. She was aggressive, too aggressive, and I couldn't handle her anymore. She lived a wonderful life, but god I miss her. That was the hardest thing I've EVER had to do. When she was layin up on top of that vet's table, and she was slowly getting sleepy from the first injection, she was pressed up against me with her head on my arm, and all I wanted to do was grab her and just run the other way. But she's in a better place now, and her future doesn't have to be constantly worried about whether she'll bite someone, or attack a dog or anything of that sort...

I now have a new little puppy, and he's quite the handful. His name is Coal (AKA "Coaly Moley"), and he's a 3 month old Border Collie + Labrador Retriever. ([url]www.geocities.com/coaly_moley/[/url])
I'm part of a different site, that normally can answer all my questions, but I found that this site is more "Sports and Activites" orented, and there's a few things dealing with that that I have questions about that no one was able to answer at Dogo...
I hope I enjoy it here much better then I did before! Looking forward to my stay here!

Shara Slorstad & Coaly Moley [/quote]

Someone replied this:

[quote]Shara,

I hope this puppy has a better life than Hazel. I disagree that she had a wonderful life. You posted here that she spent much of her time chained to a kennel outside, where she developed sores that wouldn't heal. You seemed unable to convince your parents to take her to the vet for treatment, even when she was hit by a car. When you were not at home (like when you went for sleepovers) you said you couldn't count on your family to remember to feed her.

This is just what you said.

Do I need to go on? Please be realistic, and realize that Hazel did not have a wonderful life. Perhaps then you can be honest enough to figure out where you failed to provide Hazel with what she needed to have a good life, and to make sure you do provide it for this puppy.

PS I think it ironic that you are posting on the humor site. [/quote]

So naturally, you know me... I have a little er... trouble controlling my anger... :oops:

[quote]Oh [naughty word] you! [naughty word] this [naughty word]! I am leaving sit stay for GOOD!
Thanks for fuckin being suportive!! I beg your pardon, but after I left Sit Stay, I made an agreement with my parents, got her inside, got her propper vet care and training, and this went on for a very long time, right up until her death.
[naughty word] this [naughty word], I am leaving here, I knew I wouldn't be welcomed here, never have been, never will. Your all a bunch of stuck up assholes, you have NO concideration for ANYONE else's feelings, I do NOT have to take this kind of crap.

Shara Slorstad & Coaly Moley [/quote]

(oh, where it says "[naughty word]" [i][b]I[/b][/i] obviously never wrote that haha, it just uh... blocked stuff out :o

that same person replied:

[quote]I'm very glad to hear that you have a new agreement with your parents for this new puppy. I'm not really sorry for pointing out that in my opinion, Hazel didn't have a wonderful life. Actually, I'd have been very sympathetic to you if you'd said that you realized she hadn't had the right set-up, etc etc. and you hoped to do better by this pup.

To me, to say anything else is lying to yourself and everybody else. But hey, that's just me.

I hope you now have a fence, too. Border collies tend to chase after things, like cars. But I'm sure you already knew that. [/quote]

Then others wrote...

[quote]Sorry to hear about Hazel. i saw her pictures on yoru website and i thought she was a wonderful looking dog. It's sad that you had to put her down due to aggression. Did you try to get help for that before you put her to sleep? I think it's sad that she was put down, maybe you should have looked for a home that could have givern her a better life, with training and spending time with her. I dont' think any dog should have to live chained up outside. So i'm sorry but i agree with Kelly. I don't see how ANY dog could have a good life beign chained up outside.
P.S. can you tell me WHY this is posted under Humor? i dont find it funny at all.
[/quote]

[quote]Godspeed, sweet Hazel; may you arrive at the Rainbow Bridge happy, healthy, and welcomed by all. You have earned the love and peace in the next life that you never knew in this one; may you always run free and play in joy. [/quote]

Yeah, Hazel didn't have the best start in life, but that wasn't all my fault!! I couldnt' do a thing about her being chained, unless I wanted her roaming the whole neighborhood!! It took me quite some time to get her in the house and everything, my parents were punishing ME by punishing my dog because i screwed up last year!! (and the year before... and before...)
ARG! I was having a horrible day, then to read that just made matters worse! Remind me to NEVER go there EVER again!!

:cry: :cry:

I am sooo sorry for there rudeness. What stuck up fools.
I had the same kinda problem at petfinders board. Til someone their told me about here. :angel: I have never gone back since.
It seems no matter how much you try to explain yourself and the situations or problems you had or are having, they are going to only hear what they want to hear.
They need to all get off their so called pedestols, and get what ever it is stuck up their butt, out! The nerve of some people. :evil:
You sould never go back to sit n stay. We will try to help you as much as we can here. And we will try to be as supportive as we can towards the decissions you make, and the questions you have. :D

Oh what a bunch of Pooheads.... :x Don't go back to sit stay. It sounds like they are very rude from what you said and you don't deserve that kind of treatment. Hehehehe...I agree with DogLover.....we can go over there and "play nice" :evilbat:

Angelboddy--You haven't been back to petfinder at all?? Lucky you! All hell has broken loose....very sad. :(

Guest Anonymous

Shara - I think you should not get so upset about what they said. It is quite obvious they have little knowledge of the actual situation therefore their judgements are worthless. I know when you are young it is hard to do, but you really need not worry about what other people think. If they had all the information maybe they would not have said what they did.

I have to admit to you that I know very little about your problems with Hazel and yet I have some of the same concerns the others mentioned. But what do I really know? No I may not have made the same decisions you did but I wasn't there, so really my opinions and thoughts mean nothing.

If you are comfortable with what you did than just accept that some may misunderstand and improperly judge you for it. It is just another part of life that will happen over and over again. Have faith in yourself!

It's just amazing how much infighting there is in the pet-loving and rescue communities. Everyone has their own idea about how pets should be raised/bred/treated/trained, etc., and SO many people are eager to point out what a horrible, abusive, evil person you are if you don't do things 100 percent THEIR WAY.

I'm glad I found this board, which is much more relaxed.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys, I don't know WHAT I was thinking going over there!! I'm just [i]way[/i] too forgiving!
I'm not comfrotable with my dicision with Hazel, AT ALL, but I was at my last resort, and she DID know love! She DID have a rather good life! I did EVERYTHING in [i]MY[/i] POWER to make sure of that! But I couldn't do everything possible because I don't have that kind of power! If I would have known Hazel was going to end up like that, I would have ignored that artical in the paper about puppies for sale about three years and a half ago.
I don't mean to start a board war, REALLY!!! Although my morbid curiosity is making me wonder what you'd all have to say... :evilbat:
[url]www.sitstay.com[/url] (click "Fun Stuff" it's purple, at top of page, then go to "Discussion Board"). But REALLY! I Don't mean to start a board war! Or come tattle over here and go "neener neener neener" and send my "Posse" on them :evilbat: :drinking: :lol: :wink:

I'll help "educate" them! :evil: Heres the link I looked it up ( I hope you don't mind)

[url]http://bbs.sitstay.com/wwwthreads.php?Cat=1,2,3,4,9[/url]

Shara- I know i haven't been here that long, but I spent a coulple days reading the entire board before I joined, and it was obvious how much you cared about Hazel and how much your worked with her. How many people at SitStay can boast that there dog knows over 200 (is that right?) commands? Not many I think.

I know we all love hazel but i think everyone should just stay off sitstay and mind their own business. This would make the 2nd board war in 6 months this really is to much. They have a history with hazel concerning hazelnutmegs problems and care something none of us were party to and really everyone is intitled to their own opinions it is a public forum if you don't like what they have to say, stay away from there.

Guest Anonymous

Oh I really don't want to be the reason for a board war!!
Plus ya know, they are kina right... I mean, I don't think there was a day that i didn't fight with my parents about Hazel. And the fact it took 3 years (her whole LIFE!!!!) to get her off that chain and into the house, and when she was hit by a car, and when she had hot spots, she wasn't taken to the vet. And when everyone here said she could have Thyroid problems, she wasn't taken to the vet. I had the money to pay for it, all those times and everything, but there was no way to get down, and my parents wouldn't let me. They piss me off SO bad! I told my 'rents before we got Coal that he wouldn't spend a singel day of his life on that chain, and that we'd build him a pen, and my dad aggreed. One day, oh god I was mad. I came home to find Coal attached to that FREAKIN chain!! :evil: :evil: It's now hidding out in my fort, and while because of being locked in the house, I've had to clean up a LOT of messes, and I've been grounded, and screamed at, and doors slammed, etc. etc. etc. with my parents because of that day I hid that chain, but guess what? That chain is still hidden, and he has not been tied up since. Why didn't I do something like that with Hazel? Was it because it actually took her death to get me some (pardon me) "balls"? It shouldn't've been like that. I should have stood up to them a LONG time ago, and I hate myself, litterly HATE myself for it. :cry: Everything with Hazel was an ongoing fight, with EVERYONE, and i just couldn't seem to win, and the fact that it's STILL being fought, just breaks my heart more. I just wish I could go POOF, and everything would be good. That Hazel lived a long healthy life, better yet, was still alive, living a long healthy life, but it just couldn't be like that.
What pisses me off the most, today I was (litterly) dragged to the doctor, now I'm sure everyone here knows I have problems by now, well so I'm getting (not if I can help it, but I know I won't be able to fight it) blood tests 2moro to test if[b][i] I[/i][/b] have thyroid problems, or anything of the such. So this brings me to this: if [i]I[/i] have a mental problem, and can't control my anger, or am depressed, or any other BS like that, why the hell don't they just give up and put [i]ME [/i]to sleep? It just doesn't seem fair...

SHARA!!

Chill, please....what happened to Hazel was not your fault, and we know how much you agonized over every little bad thing....Dont let the people at SitStay make you feel that YOU are unworthy...your parents are not helping you with yur dogs, and because it's their house they will claim priviledge...it's not right, but it happens. You worked your ass off to help
Hazel become a good, solid dog....you tried everything you knew...it just didnt work. That's not YOUR fault...but, as they say, shit happens....

Try to train Coal as best yu can, so he doesnt do anything to piss your parents off, and just kinda go with it. I know how hard it is - my mom didnt like my golden, and everythng he did wrong was MY fault....
He survived to 13....and when I moved out I took him with me. It's a long road Shara, but if you really want this to happen, you CAN DO IT...
despite all the bad press and the fact that no one is helping u. This will make you stronger in the long run, trust me. Come here and we wil help you. PM me and I will help you, I promise....

let us know how it goes, ok? we are here for you!

Katy

Oh, Shara please don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone loves U here, and it pains us that U are in so much pain. Hazel knows that U loved her, and U tried U're best to provide for her. I suggest that U sit down and draw. Just sit down and f*****g draw U're heart out. Draw what U feel, U don't have to show it to us, or anybody for that matter. It can be very good relief for a person to let feelings out through words or drawings. Things are bound to look up soon. Please do not give up on yourself. We will always be here for U!

Hazel i kinda agree with that train of thought if people are "uneven" by their own admission they should have a choice to end their life or sterilize themselves. my mother is a prime reason totally mentally unstable allowed to breed unchecked and abandoned her young at will. yeah i wouldn't be here but i also wouldn't be a carrier for several mental illnesses and able to breed myself. but we as a race are beyond such means of control, there is no survival of the fittest anymore, no way to separate the wheat from the chaff. our only hope is to acknowledge our short comings and adjust to make up for the "problems". that and gene therapy. :lol: Every day we grow a little wiser from the day before, if people can not accept and acknowledge we learn from our mistakes then forget them. how we raise our dogs/kids/selves is always subject to others peoples concepts of right or wrong as long as YOU feel your right does anything else really matter?

BULLYGIRL! I CONGRATULATE YOU!!

anyone willing to admit that there is a genetic problem in their heredity and
go forward from there...that;s a BIG step, and a painful one.

When I had my son, the doctors swore up and down that he wouold NEVER
become a diabetic, because only I carried the gene...they found out later that his father carried a versin of it as well, and he is a diabetic now....

Had I known that going in, I would not have had children....

It's a horrendous thing to go through, loss of limbs, sight, kidneys...

I would not have wished that on anyone...

and I basically gave it to my son, because the doctors didnt know....

:(

Having diabetes is not a bad thing. It runs very strong in my family. All the woman get it...and recently an uncle was diagnised with it. I am destined to have it but that is ok...

Diabetes can be controlled with meds, diet, exercise, etc...I had family members live with diabetes for 30 years without any permanent damage.

Shara, you did what you could for hazel. Maybe more could have been done when she was younger but your parents were not helping. You are only a child yourself. Don't blame yourself. You did all you could. Just make sure to do right by Coal.

Shara, whether you suffer from some mental problems or not--whether it is thyroid or not, don't worry about it. 2 of my best friends are manic depressive...and I love them dearly. They are more high maintenenace than my other friends but I would not trade them for the world. We all have our problems. It is all about how we choose to deal with it. If you have anger problems, I would suggest finding a healthy outlet...At the age of 31, I am still playing soccer and I get my aggressions out on the field. My husband likes me better during soccer season

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, my mom said if she would have known that all three her girls were guna have mental problems, she would have never had kids...

Looks like a pretty crap site, and you're best off out of there. I've read the rest of what they posted, and they sound less than friendly.
Anyone who has a board on coursing, and mentions an ex-racer being allowed to do this (most ex-racers are retired due to injury and shouldn't be racing), obviously cant give sound advice.
Ignore them, stick to here, it's a lot friendlier and the advice is better :wink: