Dogomania

eating droppings

Pet stores sell special drops to put in the dogs food. I just saw it the other day. Chelsea eats Daisy's poo too :o and I was looking for something for her. I just have to rush out to the yard and clean it up right away so Chelsea can't get to it. It is such a pain in the Jack :lol:

You can use meat tenderizer and put a small amount in his food. It contains an enzyme that will make his waste taste repulsive. It's easily and readily available at a low cost. It should be with the dried seasonings in your supermarket.
There is also a product called ForBid. It comes in packets, from what I've seen and it's used in the same way.

You can sprinkle Accent on his food. It's a whole lot cheaper then For-bid and Distaste and it's the same thing really. The other one I've heard of using is McCormick Meat Tenderizer. Kato started eating poop while he was on Canidae. I switched foods and he stopped instantly. I guess Canidae was so good he had to taste it twice. :o

• 4 weeks later...

I have a herding dog mix and she used to eat her poop all the time. I tried the ForBid and it worked, but too expensive. Then i tried Dr. Foster &Smith "Distaste" and it did work well. THen I stopped using anything and she was fine. Until I got a second dog and she took a rather fond likeness to HIS poop! After hearing the mention of meat tenderizer - I will try adding that to HIS food and hopefully that will take care of it. Plus that is the cheapest so far. Of course - the best remedy is to collect it as soon as possible!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have found that at times the eating of the feces is due to needing more nutrition in the diet. If the food is low grade and doesn't breakdown, then the food in the feces is attractive to the dogs.