Dogomania

YOUR favorite Breed?

Guest Anonymous

oh wow! so the white ones can just pop out at any time, huh? :)
i know what you mean about people thinking they are wolves-our elkhound mix is also long-legged and pointy-snouted with big prick ears and people are always wondering if he is a wolf. of course some people have also commented on sasha's resemblance to a bear, so one must consider the source!
Now, with the white GSDs, can they be shown with the other GSDs? As i understand it, there are alot of coat color variations in the darker dogs but I have never seen a white one in a show (i do not have alot of experience with shows, so maybe i am just fullofit too!)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I had an American Cocker spaniel.
But now i have a Siberian husky. I totally fell in love with this breed, when i first saw it! They`re amazing.
My favorite breeds are also: GSD, Rottweiler, Shiba, Border terrier, Samojed, Bullmastiff, Dobermann, Bordeaux mastiff...Actually all the breeds are perfect :D , for me....

Susanne

I have had a pomeranian (buffy), a toy scottish terrier (jack), a samoyd (Dartanian), and a Chow (CJ). The first three dogs were rescued. My uncle had buffy and the woman he was living with had kids that were mean to her, so we took her and she quickly became attached to me :). Jack my other uncle found as a puppy abandoned in a shed. The girl who had owned him was feeding him pretty much nothing and giving him alcohol (beer...which is where he got his name from...jack daniels) and my uncle didn't want him but my grandpa did so he adopted him and jack was the Shop Dog (my gpa owns a repair shop) until he was about 15 or 16...he was about 2 or 3 years older than me :). He was my precious poopy! LOL

Dartanian was a little different though, he adopted us. He just wondered into our yard one day when I was about 12 and started playing with the kids lol. We tied him up in the front yard and after about a month no one claimed him, so he was ours :). He's all white and oh so pretty. He loves people and he loves to be petted and loved on and all that fun stuff! He's good on a leash too :) Ya gotta love him :)

CJ (the Chow) my "dad" bought one day for some unknown reason :drinking: and she ended up having puppies (my "parents" were not very responsible people...they should have had her spayed), which we gave to friends and relatives :). She eventually got to be too much for them so they gave her to a friend that lived in the country.

Jack and Buffy passed on when I was about 15 I think. I still miss them sometimes. The laundry room (where they slept) is still so empty. :(

And now I'm a Chihuahua fan lol. I just love them! I'm getting one this weekend! Woohoo me!! Go me Go me! LOL I'd love to have cocker spaniel someday too. They're precious :)

Ok, so its taken forever for me to reply to this topic :roll:
dogs Ive had: a terrier mix named Brandi, a lab/dobie named Shane (both when I was young) and now Bongo, an insane mix and Bailey the Beagle mix...... Ive only had mixes from shelters or "rescued" from other people in my life, but there are several breeds Ive just "always wanted":
dalmation, great dane, boxer, boston terrier (my mom had an awesome one named Pancho when she was young), pug, bulldog, ....... Im sure Ill remember more later! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a Lab/Newfie mix that was awesome. His protective instcts for me were unbelievable. TO have a protective dog who isn't aggressive towards strangers. Any child could approach me and probably pumble me but if there was an adult that HE didn't know, he would run and sit in front of me and just give a low growl. That was it. He would keep himself between me and the "stranger". If the "stranger" was also around my parents, then there wasn't an issue. He was dog aggressive...but only towards dogs that were his size or larger. Strangly enough, small dogs and puppies were always fine and got away with murder. He took a beagle puppy as his friend and would allow that pup to take his toys and sticks and chew on his ears...the works. It was crazy. He would follow us around the ponds swimming behind our boat (aluminium) and if you tried to get in there and swim with you, he would want to rescue you...which could be uncomfortable...so we didn't do that.

The dog I would like to have, a Landseer. I like that they have all the white on them. After having a Half Newf...I've always wanted a full blooded newf. *sigh* some day...some way. I just know that we'll have to have all hard wood floors and a telflon coat of paint on the walls :roll: But you never know with us...that's something we might just do. I found a Newf Rescue when I was starting my search for my pup....Its something I weighed heavily on. I'll not soon forget

Guest Anonymous

I have: Salukis, Collies and a Ibizan Hound.

I have had: White German Shepaerds, Blk/Tan German Sheperds, Jack Russel Terriers, black and Chocolate Labs, a American Staffishire Terrier, a American Foxhound(I want another one :) and Afgahn Hounds.

Wish I had: Spinoni Italiano, Bracco, Billy, Petit Griffon Bleu De Gascogne.

Guest Anonymous

I've always wanted a GREAT DANE more than anything, just fell in love with one when I was really young and I've wanted one ever since

But, growing up I had two BOSTON TERRIERS that really won me over in the personality dept. I have yet to meet a dog who was as expressive and unique as my late brother Bugsy.

dobalina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The dogs i've owned: Treeing walker Hound, Black & Tan coon hound... Red Doberman, Great Danes, Dalmatian and Bull Terrier. i LOVE the dobe and the Danes and the bully more than anything.... (the dobe lives with my mom).
i imagine i'll always have great danes... and probably bull terriers also.
Breeds i'd LOVE to own... English Bulldog, Afghan hound, Chinese Crested Hairless, pitbull, maybe a St.bernard... or mastiff

Jo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...