Dogomania

YOUR favorite Breed?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My favourite breeds... I love caucasian shepherds, bernese mountain dogs and recently sighthounds ;) fascinating dogs

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Well, the only dogs i've had are my current two, Which Simba is a German Shepherd/Pit Bull cross and Nala is a Labrador/?? cross.

I absolutely love Simba's mixture as the German Shepherd and Pit Bull are two of my favorites. Well, the Pit Bull IS my favorite. :P

I do hope to own a pure bred Pit Bull one of these days as well as a Great Dane, German Shepherd, and possibly a Siberian Husky. All will come from either a shelter or a rescue. I refuse to buy, unless there are no longer any dogs (of all breeds) in shelters or rescues.
I would take any dog of any breed into my home thought. :)

Mutts are and will always be # 1 in my heart, though they're not exactly a breed. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I would love to have Golden Retriever, Newfoundland, Doberman Pinscher, Miniature Pinscher, Yorkie, Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Sheltie,Chihuahua, Rottie and another Chow.

I have a Chi/Miniature Pinscher mix now and a mixed breed,I'm not sure what she is mixed with.

I have had a Boxer, Lab/Cocker Spaniel mix, Lab/Beagle mix, Terrier/Poodle mix, Cocker Spaniels, Chow, Collie. I had most of these when I was living at home with my parents and a couple after I got married.

• 2 weeks later...

My faves obviously are APBT's (own 2), but they were not my first choice surprisingly enough, although I will never be without one again.

I want an American Bulldog like crazy, but hard to find good ones that haven't been "overbred" for specific characteristics and are now ruined,

And if I ever get my land, will have two Boer Bulls to keep the Mountain Lions off my APBT's LOL...

Also looked into Bouvier's, Greater Swiss Mtn, Bernese Mtn, and of course anything decended from Mollossers.

i LOVE my boxers!
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B6%3B53523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B9%3D6%3B%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323558%3B992%3A2ot1lsi[/img]
ted
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B6%3B53523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B9%3D6%3B%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232354644%3A7%3C7ot1lsi[/img]
cheyenne

and my new baby
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B6%3B53523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B9%3D6%3B%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B%3B874245ot1lsi[/img]
tosh, an APBT

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

My favorite breeds are mini schnauzer, shih tzu and chowchow. However, I would love to have a bearded collie and a sheepdog in addition to my tornado-like crew. :lol:

Had: 3 Carolina Dogs
Wish: Chihuahua, Doberman, Brittany, Great Dane, Golden Retriever, Boxer, Bullmastiff, English Springer, Labrador, Pit Bull, AmStaff, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Standard and Miniature Poodle, Border Collie, Australian Shepherd, Pomeranian, Boston Terrier, Jack Russel Terrier, Irish Setter, Clumber Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel, West Highland Whiter Terrier, Bichone Frise, Shih Tzu, and Scottish Terrier!

Heh...when I grow up I can be the crazy dog lady who has like 20 dogs!!YAY :lol: :lol: :wink: The sad thing is I must have spent at least 4 hours researching each of these breeds in this week alone :oops:

*Edited to add more breeds to the wish list :oops:

Had: 3 Carolina Dogs
Wish: Chihuahua, Doberman, Brittany, Great Dane, Golden Retriever, Boxer, Bullmastiff, English Springer, Labrador, Pit Bull, AmStaff, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Standard and Miniature Poodle, Border Collie, Australian Shepherd, Pomeranian, Boston Terrier, Jack Russel Terrier, Irish Setter, Clumber Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel, West Highland Whiter Terrier, Bichone Frise, Shih Tzu, and Scottish Terrier!

Heh...when I grow up I can be the crazy dog lady who has like 20 dogs!!YAY :lol: :lol: :wink: The sad thing is I must have spent at least an hour researching each of these breeds in this week alone:oops:

*Edited to add more breeds to the wish list :oops:

Hey Pyr......Here's our big white goofball! He's a trip....we get a lot of second looks because of him. A lot of people have no idea that GSDs come in white!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YAAaA8sdjLFPLRYrtUvO8etbmM0K5R5BucldMuEEsgVH0wEjri6m2yKsUKoTJjO3b2FS29C4157afLQJjmX6KXBy!m4JMaOgiE6tiAXJxwkp7hfUkvpMsNeSJvOXDTaDW!8G!9Mi6MrXcpICTW96aQ/Hunter%20and%20Dakota.JPG?dc=4675489324356605307[/img]

Pyr, we get wolf all the time!! If you could see him in person, he looks NOTHING like one! It's so silly.....

Rin Tin Tin's mother was a white GSD. And actucally, Hunter and Dakota are from the same parents. Just a litter apart (yes....I have a feeling the breeder overbreeds....she no longer speaks to us). But the white is on the Dam's side. Neither parent is white.