Dogomania

YOUR favorite Breed?

Guest Anonymous

HAD - German Spitz, always have them in my life since I was born...they are very smart and gentle :angel:

WISH - Australian Shepherd, the wonderful perfect breed in my heart...I have learned about this breed and lots of informations about this breed are added in my mind. I wish I could have one soon :scatter:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwwwwwww shucks marble :oops:
I won't post many now as I will get a digital camera in a couple of weeks and I will post loads then !!!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDOAuMTH6dgCMIL52uuq4auqNqp5Nu13P6Zatal9UMZUlpXgqb9kkenf1jljeHZwu8Hld7G4TWCEV4fwRwkntaVHeZvS6HY41fJhr6N0eY/scans%20003.bmp?dc=4675428717959724994[/img]

Top-6 months
Middle-10 weeks
Bottom-10 months

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I grew up with Catahoula Leopard Dogs and Pit Bulls. Both of those breeds are very close to my heart. I owned two of each. I also had a Collie for 12 years. But after Doc, my last Catahoula passed on after almost 14 years I decided to try something different. I had always admired Australian Cattle Dogs. So I got one. I have had Bandit for a little over two years now and cannot imagine life without an ACD. I really love this breed. I have never been around such a self confident dog. He is a go anywhere dog and lives for adventure. Very playful and even comical at times but if you look real close, the is an unmistable fire in his eyes.....

Anyone favor me? Blondie the Golden retriever mix.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgBRAZITwokK7vnKR8e2q*hX60YMkEzTWbrGh!I0eQEXqUfMb7huvz5KmdWer2UifnsDue9QjryctFul!TWue5LcnTX81Ab9T0L9i52WmnQ/blonde30.jpg?dc=4675430277924945192[/img]

Wolfie the master of mischief Aussie.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDQAqUTf44OaxYcf8efbcBMHtc*upc4Ba*25n4xu5GiASdnn8jezSds3Zbw!u!XlZFHGEjtrLJb!stsMa44pzgyCPiSqGc11sdLLaQmyPI/wolfie04.jpg?dc=4675430278013230631[/img]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='mjriggl2']Anyone favor me? Blondie the Golden retriever mix.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgBRAZITwokK7vnKR8e2q*hX60YMkEzTWbrGh!I0eQEXqUfMb7huvz5KmdWer2UifnsDue9QjryctFul!TWue5LcnTX81Ab9T0L9i52WmnQ/blonde30.jpg?dc=4675430277924945192[/img]

Wolfie the master of mischief Aussie.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDQAqUTf44OaxYcf8efbcBMHtc*upc4Ba*25n4xu5GiASdnn8jezSds3Zbw!u!XlZFHGEjtrLJb!stsMa44pzgyCPiSqGc11sdLLaQmyPI/wolfie04.jpg?dc=4675430278013230631[/img][/quote]

Wolfie is getting SOOO big... what a doll!!

Well, this is a hard one! I have just my two older Miniature Pinschers at the moment and have been considering getting another dog to show BUT trying to decide is causing headaches. Will it be another Min Pin, Border Terrier, Collie, Afghan, Gordon Setter, Cocker Spaniel, all breeds I have owned and have beautiful memories of. Maybe a Shibu, Aussie Silky, Greyhound, Aussie Cattle Dog, Kelpie, German Shepherd, other delightful breeds I have had close contact with? Perhaps another breed which I have met casually but have left a lasting impression? I guess I just love them all and would have to find the pup which 'spoke' to me, regardless of breed. So sorry, no favorites!

I've had mutts & purebreds - I have to say I favor mutts. I've had some great ones. One of the best was a border collie/shepard mix; another wonderful wonderful dog was a golden/lab/setter.

Of course everyone's tastes & opinions are different but I know there are some purebred breeds that I personally find quite ugly or ridiculous looking. However, there is rarely a mix that is, to me, ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

I has the Japanese Chin, but he die so young... :cry: :cry: :cry: He was very nice pups :cry: .
I has the English cocker spaniel, she die then she was 6 years old from cancer. :cry: It was terrible and so sad... :cry: She was Beaytiful and inteligent... :cry: :cry: :cry:

But now I have other English cocker spaniel (9 years) and Bernese mountain dog (3 years). :D :D :D I very pleased with my dogs :lol: :lol: :lol: . I want to have the Jepanese Chin too, becouse they are charming and inteligent.
:Dog_run:

[color=darkred]I love and own a Bullmastiff, can't get enough of the breed...we just don't have the room for anymore dogs at the moment, especially with a baby on the way. My next would be the Boxer....hoping for a red male for my next dog, and female fawn Bullmastiff of course[/color] :D

[color=darkred]Charlie (our Bullmastiff) taken in July last year.[/color]

[img]http://a0.cpimg.com/image/9E/5F/21795230-ebac-020001BB-.jpg[/img]

I've had a dalmatian (he was hit by car), but I love setters more because of their intelligence. I'd like to have a weimaraner, malinoi, border collie or beagle(these breeds are difficult to get here, so, I'm veeeery pleased to have an Irish setter-this dog is beautiful and people on the street always make compliments to me :evillaugh: )

I have had a Golden Retriever, German Shepherds, Cocker Spaniel,Sheltie and a Maltese and mutts.
My favorite dogs were my German Shepherds (Tish and Dixie) my Sheltie(Lucky) and now my little maltese. German Shepherds and Shelties are the best but now that I'm older I need a dog easier for me to handle. A dog I would love to own is a Yorkie.............so many breeds, so little time.

[quote name='Elle']I've had mutts & purebreds - I have to say I favor mutts. I've had some great ones. [/quote]

Mmm... I've never thought about that. I currently have a purebred lab (Winnie) and a mixed breed (Sable=the ACD/BC cross). (their pics are in my signature) They are both wonderful in their own ways. Sable is the more serious obedient, but Winnie is more playful and loving. (she also learns a lot faster) So I'm not sure if I like mixed breeds or purebred better. :-?

[color=green][/color] My favorite breeds of all are Pitbulls and St. Bernards. They are just the best kinds of dog. Pit's get such a bad rap and it hurts me alot because they can be such sweethearts! St. Bernards are just BIG playful dogs with a HUGE heart that's even bigger than their bodies! :)

Guest Anonymous

I LOVE my Sheltie and my Border...I also love Megan, my Pom mix, but I'm not as big of a fan of Pomeranians that I am of Aussies, BC's, Collies, Shelties, Corgis, and other herding dogs. :D I'm planning on running a herding dog rescue in the future, or foster herding dog breeds. :D I definitely want some Aussies, and more BC's and Shelties.. :D

Yeah my parents can be real dream crushers. LOL :roll: But, once I get out on my own I'm going to get a big ol' Teddy like St. Bernard. I can't wait. Thanks but I don't need any pros and kons but maybe other people who want to read this forum would understand my love for them if they knew? Just a suggestion you don't have to. 8) I take it you love Saints too?

[size=6]Yes, there are people here who love Saints! [/size]We love them because of their "largeness" both in spirit and body, their goofy ways, slightly dopey appearance from time to time (at least true with my Ben), loyalty to their people, and downright good naturedness. We love them in spite of (as K mentioned) their larger costs across the board (food, time, vet bills, cleaning). [b]They are 100% worth the extra effort as anyone who has owned one knows. It's just good to be prepared! [/b]:D :D