Dogomania

? Petshed.c om - anyone heard of it?

Marble

Has anyone ordered anything from [url]www.Petshed.com[/url] ? I'm trying to find Frontline cheaper than at my vets......Petshed has it for a lot less ( like $13 less for three months x two dogs) but I don't know how reputable they are.........

Any comments? Thank you very much :)

Marble,
I compared the price for Frontline Plus at Petshed.com to the price of regular Frontline at Healthypets.com
They are almost exactly the same.
Healthypets.com charges more for Frontline Plus than Petshed.com
I compared the 6 dose pack for dogs between 23-44 lbs.
I have dealt with Healthypets and have been VERY satisfied but they are more expensive if you want Frontline Plus as opposed to Frontline.
I still use regular Frontline personally.

• 9 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I have used Petshed.com once before, but was very pleased. I did an extensive price comparison for heartworm medicine as well as flea and tick medicine and Petshed beat everyone on both! It's definitely a reputable site and worth the savings!

Folks, there's been a warning from the EPA on black market meds, many of the brands (Frontline, Advantix) are coming in from other countries with a diluted formula, and some are outright counterfeits.

[url]http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/b1ab9f485b098972852562e7004dc686/aa19074f36966bd085256e4d0062ceca?OpenDocument[/url]

Interesting. Funny thing is I am pretty sure that Frontline is made in France, not even in the good ol' U.S.A. Anyhow, it is ridiculous how much these meds are marked up. I am lucky enough to have an account w/ a pet supply wholeseller. I get a 6 mo. supply of Frontline plus (83 lbs+) and it costs me less than $29 . I become pretty popular w/ friends when their flea meds run out. :lol:
edit- I just checked out the site, and the prices seem pretty reasonable. If the meds are authentic, it looks great 8)

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I've used Petshed several times and they are wonderful! They are a company out of Australia I believe. They have fast friendly service. The Frontline and heartworm meds I order have a long time until the expiration date. Two thumbs way up!
R

There is nothing wrong with "generics". I have generic frontline for heartworm for both my dogs. The important thing is to compare ingredients. If the ingredients are EXACTLY the same in both products, then the generics will work just as well. Most of the time, with things like Frontline, you are paying extra for the name. Just like Nyquil, and Tylenol, etc. I buy the "Jewel" generic brands instead. They have exactly the same ingredients, but you're not paying for the name. HOWEVER, that said, I too read the article about dilluted animal medicines coming in to the states through websites. I would email them (A reputable site has email for questions) and ask for a list of the ingredients, then compare them to regular frontline. Just to be safe....

If suspicious, you can also call the Better Business Bureau (here in the States, at least) and see if any complaints have been filed against the company.

[quote name='SexxieRacerChik']I cannot rememeber for the life of me who said it, but just the other day someone mentioned this very thing. And that they bought a generic version of Frontline from [url]www.petmeds.com[/url] at a pretty good rate and it worked great for them.

Maybe they will see this and speak up again.[/quote]

that was me SRC. I got a generic version of Frontline from Petmeds. It was almost half the cost. See the above post. I did verify the ingredients first, and they are identical to frontline.

i work at a petsupply company, [url]www.Carealotpets.com[/url] and we as well had a problem with the conterfeit frontline, most companys are aware of this. and we have gone thru our inventory and removed all the conterfeit merchandise. just make sure if you order from a company you state that you want them to check if the product is conterfeit. my company didnt even know they were conterfeit until a customer contacted us.