Dogomania

Neat Article

Kiger

Interseting. :) Scientist have also just recently proven that dogs pick up on human cues faster than apes, monkeys, gorrilas, and other very intelligant(sp?) animals. An example, when I get out the leash, my dogs know we are going outside. Also, it has just been proven that dogs have basic math skills, including the ability to count! :o

:lol:

[quote name='abker17']Interseting. :) Scientist have also just recently proven that dogs pick up on human cues faster than apes, monkeys, gorrilas, and other very intelligant(sp?) animals. An example, [color=red]when I get out the leash, my dogs know we are going outside.[/color] Also, it has just been proven that dogs have basic math skills, including the ability to count! :o[/quote]

I just have to [b]touch the area[/b] where the leashes are and they come running from the back of the house.

Kiger that was a great article. It definately explains why I can just look at Sally and she knows whether or not I'm pleased with her.

:angel:

Kiger, I saw K's post before I saw yours, so here's my reply again

pretty d*** cool! I remember learning that studying my wolf thesis, that they tend to avoid looking at humans directly in the face. They dont look at the alpha directly either, unless there is a conflict or the alpha approaches them for socializing. Dogs staring at each other directly n the face generally mean to fight. So somehow they must have overcome natural instinct and learned that people like to be looked in the face.
And from that, they learned that we use visual signals much more than
any other kind, and they adapted to that as well. I can see how that skill helped in breeding bird dogs, and guarding dogs. Follow masters eyes, see where it takes you. I let Freebee out, and I stood in the yard looking
supposedly at something. She watched me for a minute, trotted over to where I was looking (a spot in the back of the yard where a tree branch is down) sniffed around, found nothing, looked up and TILTED HER HEAD TO ONE SIDE !! (that's her confused look) like she was saying "WHAT are you looking at?"

I always have to test every theory on my poor dog....LOL