Dogomania

Ax, the dalmatian

GSDmom

Today is a very sad day indeed. We lost our beloved Ax. We aquired him as a pup for my husband and a mascot for our fire department. He was loved by all. I trained him for search and rescue, he was my partner who loved to swim and worked for the love of it and the tug toy. Just before the certification test he went blind due to what we thought was juvenille cateracts. He was pulled from SAR, but continued to be a great pet who loved to play. His favorite pastime was sliding down the slide with the kids at the park. Then came yesterday, the fateful day when I came home from work to find he had busted the door on his kennel and was wondering aimlessly in the dog room, stumling over nothing and falling on his side and head, I called the vet, and he gave him a shot for shock, assuming it was torsion and had thrown him into shock. Not so. Early this morning I found him breathing, but unresponsive. He was in a coma. I called the vet again, but it was too late. By the time I was done, he had passed away. The vet has ruled that an anurism caused his blindness and yesterday it ruptured, causing death . Ax would have turned 4 in august. We are just devastated.

Thank-you for all the very kind words. Ax just LOVED to play, I'm sure he is having a blast with all the others who came before. I know he will be waiting for us. Until then, we will miss him very much.
[i][color=darkblue][/color][size=6][/size]Ax, may you rest in peace, we love you.[/i]

• 2 weeks later...

My heart goes out to you :cry:
The sudden loss of a young one is so very hard to bear, the sadness will slowly pass and the funny and happy memories will eventually take there place, at least he is all better now
Roo

Guest Anonymous

That is a beautiful pic of the dal angel. It makes me want to cry again. Thanks everyone for all the kind words. It is so different here without him.