Dogomania

The Things We Do

marion

Rosie has been trying to get at her bottom (so I thought), :D and with being slightly tubby was having difficulty. :x

She was doing it again today and I thought "poor girl" I got some tissue and lay her on her back and [size=6][color=red]itched her bottom [/color][/size]for her :o :oops: :o :oops:

The things we do for our dogs, :oops: anyway it wasn't her bottom when I watched more carefully it was her stomach, I had noticed she had a little rash there and had put some cream on previously.

Of I dashed upstairs to look for something that would relieve the irritation, then knelt there and put E45 Itch Cream on her stomach, :o I could feel it cooling straight away and then she lay there contented.

I've applied a little more tonight and she has been fine, I think it might be ezcema. She has thyroid trouble and ezcema and so do I, I think we are a right pair together. :o

Like I said.

THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR DOGS. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do things like that for Rowie all the time! :oops: It's so embarrassing! But it just hurts me when I see her so helpless...!!

But don't you hate it when you give your dog a kissy and people(non dog lovers) look at you in a wierd way or say "ewwwwwwww"? :x Some people I know think it's disgusting! :o I give Rowie kisses all the time!! :)

One of my co-workers was HORRIFIED when I said I liked my vet because she baby-talks to my pets and kisses them. She said, "I don't even kiss my dog -- why would I want my vet to?"

Now, who on earth doesn't kiss their dog? How can you NOT?

Speaking of "ewww" , Hippo can sort of...ahh... french-kiss :P I go to kiss her on the muzzle, and she opens her mouth and gets my lips in :oops: But I only do this "in private," as people would be sure to ewww me...
And, yeah, the things we do... wipe her bum, her eyes, wipe her wrinkles after she drinks water so that she doesn't carry half the water bowl onto the floors and carpet--man, you should see how her lips are dripping after she's drunk water :o
She's a sweetie to put up with all of this as I'm the one who wants her clean at all times so that I can hug and kiss her and lie on the couch with her :wink:

Rosie likes to gently grab her dad's nose but I'll only let her have my earlobes. :o :roll: :wink: :o :roll: :wink:

Oh, and I also blow raspberries on her stomach, you know, like you do with a baby, barking or what!!! :roll:

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']Speaking of kisses, When Chaos lickes me she always sticks her tongue in my ear, up my nose or in my mouth :o She's really weird[/quote]

:rofl: My JRT called Barney does the exact same thing, :roll: my other dogs just kiss normally :lol:

[quote name='ellieangel']Ok continuing this theme does anyone else wake them up if they wimper in their sleep ?
I can't bear to think they're having a bad dream I go over and stroke their cheek and talk to them quietly until they stop crying. :([/quote]
Sure, I wake her up, and pet her and tell her it's ok :D

[quote name='Sanvean']"I don't even kiss my dog -- why would I want my vet to?"
[/quote]
I feel bad for that person. Doesn't know the joy of being a doggie mom/dad.
I do a lot of weird things for my Elle, one of the less weird:
I put her on my lap while I'm on the PC if I'm not busy. I give her hugs and kisses, if I stop to type or move the mouse she starts tapping my arm till I start kissing her again.
Yeah, she's spoiled horrible! :o

Ben gets thousands of kisses and hugs everyday!! And he kisses me back... Actually "kiss" was the first trick he learnt as a baby. I would blow air a little on his nose (beeing about 10-20cm appart) and he would give me a kiss. Now everytime I do that he kisses me! :angel: He's so cute! I love that!

/Crest

Freebee runs in her sleep, and wimpers and whines. I woke her up, ONCE.....Just like you're not supposed to wake a sleepwalker, I learned not to wake a dog running in her sleep - she jumped up off the floor teeth
bared and hackles up, until she realized it was me, and settled down...

now I prod her awake with a back scratcher....lol

:o

Isn't it so wierd when you let your dog kiss your face and then when they lick somebody else on the arm, the person thinks its really gross and everything.. :-? Some people hate just being touched by Duck's mouth..(even though it does smell a little..uh..stinky :wink: ) Dogs look so cute when they're sleeping..I hate having to walk past Duck when she's sleeping...I have to tiptoe or walk REALLY quietly(which I'm not good at..)..most of the time it doesn't work..I don't make a sound but she knows I'm there and then wakes up..poor girl..can't even sleep without being disturbed..wouldn't it be awful if you heard everything that's going on? :roll:

[quote]I can't bear to think they're having a bad dream I go over and stroke their cheek and talk to them quietly until they stop crying. [/quote]

I wake them up too, usually by stroking them and talking softly. :) I think I would appreciate being awakened from a nightmare too! I wonder what they dream about though... sometimes their paws move, as if they're running... :angel: it's too cute!! :D