Dogomania

My pekingese is having problems

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:cry: She is 6yrs old(42 in dog yrs). She went missing for a day and a half. Now there is milk coming from her breast. I found the place she was hiding and there was no puppies. Is she pregnant? If not, why does she have breast milk? :cry: Someone please help me.

I take it she's not spayed? You need to take her to a vet. If she was in heat, that could explain why she ran off. The male dog wont stick around after it's done, and she may have been building a den where you found her.

She could also be going thru a false pregnancy, but she needs to see a vet.
If she is pregnant, you have to prepare for that too.

It's in your best interests to get her spayed if she's not. That will put an end to this wandering off behaviour.

• 4 years later...

Well...I have a friend that has the same problem with her dog.. The vet said that it's false pregnancy, and a first solution is to take all the toys that make sound and silence them :). This because she thinks she's the mother to those toys...well her brain is telling that. Also he will give you a cream for the swelling breast.

Please let me know how she's doing.