Dogomania

Dog Bites Cat Chef

bullygirl29532

NEW YORK (AP) -- It could have been a cat-astrophe, but Meow Mix cat food chief executive officer Richard Thompson is recovering -- with his sense of humor intact -- after being bitten by a Rottweiler.

The encounter happened just as Thompson is about to launch "Meow TV," a half-hour, feline-friendly comedy on cable's Oxygen network that features cat yoga, cat haiku and sporadic video of squirrels and fish.

Thompson said he was walking on the Upper East Side about a week ago when the dog bit him on his backside. His wound was bandaged at a hospital, and Thompson said Friday he's still finding it difficult to sit comfortably.

"He was hungry," Thompson joked in an interview with The Associated Press.

"I'm still convinced the dog knew who I was -- `Top Cat' of the Meow Mix Co. -- and he didn't get invited to the `Meow TV' opening," he said. "I think the dogs had a conspiracy against me."

Thompson said he filed a police report about the dog, which was on a leash and with its owner, but he expects nothing will come of it.