Dogomania

Pet Motels (uggh)

I'm goin to Montana tomorrow for two weeks! Yea, I finally get a vacation!! Anywho, since I don't have anyone that could take care of my pups I have to put them in a kennel (pet motel is what they're known as in my family). In my secluded (I think that's right) little town I have three choices:

a.) a kennel that has a rep for being puppy-mill like.
b.) a kennel who never calls you back and so you can never reserve a spot for your dogs... and nobody I know has gone there so I don't know if it's good or not
c.) a kennel that's ok, nothing fancy, but I've seen the runs and the people who own it are really nice.

Yea, you guessed it. My dogs are goin to kennel "c". *sigh* I wish someone would open a decent kennel around here. They'd make a million!! I know there's this one kennel in Fargo North Dakota that has cameras in the dog's motel rooms (they really are like motel rooms!!) so that you can go onto the web and see your dog 24/7!! That's really kewl. But I don't live in Fargo. Uggh.

** I probably won't be able to respond to this for a two weeks cause I'm gonna be gone... I'm not tryin to ignore yea!! ***

Prairie - just for next time

there are people who actually make a living doing "pet-sitting" - you can either have them come in to your house to care for your pets, or some of them take them in to their houses and watch after them. I have a friend who opened her own business doing that. It's a little more expensive then a regular kennel, but right on par wiht the fancey "doggie motels".

If you choose an in-home pet sitter, just make sure they are certified and bonded (insured) and get references and see if there have ever been any complaints - cant be too careful - but if you find a good one it's worth doing. Also, dont be surprised if once you get your pets home they seem alittle put off, or quiet. It's a normal response and they get over it quickly.

Option C really sounds like the best bet.

I'm luck that I live close enough to my parents that when we go away they get to puppy sit. Though they tend to get towards the end of their tether after having a lively malamonster for a week :wink:

Last time they had him my Dad was building a garden shed in the backyard and Indy ran off with and ate the plans so dad had no instructions to follow. I thought it was funny but Dad wasn't overly impressed :lol:

Hope you have a great time in Montanna

[quote].) a kennel who never calls you back and so you can never reserve a spot for your dogs... and nobody I know has gone there so I don't know if it's good or not [/quote]
I would have visited this one in person, too busy to answer the phone they could be busy walking the dogs/ looking after them. not bothered whether they get new custom or not, could mean they have regular doggie guests :)

I don't think i would be able to leave my pretty girl behind. :cry: It would be like leaving my children with someone and have to worry 24/7. My husband would not agree with what i would do, :agrue: but i would put up any extra money it takes just to take my girl with me. :D

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/92/3/74699203BJBfeD_th.jpg[/img]