Dogomania

Bathing dogs is an adventure!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just got done bathing Bentley and I swear I have more water on me than he does on him! I had to take over bathing Bentley (even with a sprained ankle) because he kept acting up for hubby! He was a :lilangel: for me though! I'm making hubby bathe the other two though! hehe :lol:

:D

He needs the practice anyways.

Sally & Rocket take their baths in the shower with me. Well, I end up needing a bath myself after the shake all the water, er, loose hair all over me. They absolutely love being in a [b]warm[/b] shower as opposed to a cold water hose.

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

I always bathed Hazel in the shower too... it [i]was[/i] much better then the hose, even if it was hooked up to the house tap. Right now Coal gets bathed in the tub, but once he's bigger, it'll be in the shower!
Our shower stall in the down stairs bathroom is just big enough for me and Hazel to fit, and with the hose shower head it was really easy to just crowch down and hose her down, with the nice masauging (sp?) shower head :lol:

:D

Oh! Sally absolutely loves the shower head on massage and I have a mitt that looks like a rubber dishwashing glove but the palm and fingers have little stiff teeth that brush the coat and remove loose hair and dirt, Sally starts moaning and grunting when I use it.

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

All my dogs get bathed in the tub. They absolutely HATE the hose outside. I don't know what I'm gonna do when Bentley if full size. Guess I'll need to get a bigger tub! :D

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Oh! Sally absolutely loves the shower head on massage and I have a mitt that looks like a rubber dishwashing glove but the palm and fingers have little stiff teeth that brush the coat and remove loose hair and dirt, Sally starts moaning and grunting when I use it. [/quote]

Oh! I've always wanted one of those gloves! :D
Ugh, I have to go shopping for clothes first, but after that, once I get enough money, I'm goin to like Pet Cetera and stuff, and just buying (that agility lead :wink: if I can find it) one of those, and tones more stuff that Coal just "NEEDS" LOL! I did that with Hazel before! It's so much fun! Hazel always loved it when I'd come home from being gone all day, and I'd ahve all these new neat toys and stuff for her! :lol:

My Jack Russells are small enough to bathe right in the kitchen sink !! Easier on my back too !! :wink:
Gretchen however , I only bathed once in the bath tub and I had black hair up to my elbows , all over the tub, and the bathroom ! Needless to say I've never done that again :roll: ....... I take her to the Doggy Beauty Salon !! We have a technical school here for Highschool Seniors who are learning Animal Science and Grooming. There is a licensed instructor who teaches them all aspects of running a shop. They only charge $8, and they do a fabulous job !! At that price I can afford it once a month !! And Gretchen always smells good , looks shiny , and I get compliments on her coat all the time !! :angel:

Guest Anonymous

lol! that is so cute. My dog GInger is 3 and when I say, "wanna get int he bathtub?" she runs and hides. She hates it in there. yet she is so good :)

[quote name='Kiwi'][quote name='ShadyLady']I use the shower with my dogs too its so easy and there is no escape!! All my friends think Im strange :lol:[/quote]

You're not alone, I shove my dog in the shower too, I find it so much more easier, less struggles :niewiem:[/quote]

That's the only way Sandy (my IG) will take a bath.

[quote name='BentleysMom']All my dogs get bathed in the tub. They absolutely HATE the hose outside. I don't know what I'm gonna do when Bentley if full size. Guess I'll need to get a bigger tub! :D[/quote]

Well my latest quest to bathe my giant dog has failed me completely. The tub doesn't work, outside no way, and all the 'do it yourself' dog washes were a joke...they have these rickety step ladders up to a tub - even if I could get my dog up there (yeah right) without breaking him, how the heck could I get him down? A Dane going down a step ladder is like asking a cow to do the same. So at this point we are calling stables to see if they will let us use their wash stall (I'd pay of course). Not sure how they'd feel about a long hair though.

I just finnished bathing my dogs just then :wink:
Tessa looses too much fur to go in the shower, so she has to be done outside no matter what. I could take Lily in the shower but it didn't occur to me today as mum would never had let me take her in the shower, but I should have today cuz dad doesn't care :D
If dog washes were only $8 here I'd be gettting mine done every fortnight!!! :o
The doggies are good in their baths though, they just stand there. Tessa looks annoyed usually and Lily just stands there licking herself.
I used to have one of those mitts, but it, along with my boots, half my clothes, jewelry, even my fridge, all got stolen when I left my old house. The people I lived with say they don't have any of it (except the fridge) and theres not much I can do about it! :-?