Dogomania

Visitor

our neighbours have a 13 week old cairn terrier puppy named Charlie. They had to go away to visit relitives for an emergency, so they asked us to look after him. He's soooooo cute, but I'm pretty sure he has kennel cough. he might also have worms too. So somehow I have to keep him seperated from the other dogs. They never told us he had kennel cough, but they don't know much about dogs (he's from a pet store.) I feel so sorry for him.

Do U have any way of reaching his owners? Next time they should leave a number with you in case something like this happens again. How long will the owners be gone? Make sure when the dog's owners get back they take him to the vet. My heart goes out to the puppy and you. This is a difficult situation. :-? Make sure to update us on how it's going.

Lucky I hope for your sake the pup doesnt have it I had kennel cough go through my dogs from a dog that I rescued the pup will need to see the vet as soon as possible I dont know which country you are from but here in Australia dogs are vaccinated for a certain strain of kennel cough although of course the strain my dogs got wasnt that one although I did find the dogs that had that vaccination certainly got it less sever than others that had a different type of vaccination your vet will give you antibiotics to treat the infected dog . When the first one was diagnoised we disinfected everything kennels we had the dogs seperated and yet still all the dogs got it . Anyway fingers crossed for you and becareful about washing hands and clothing :-?