Dogomania

thought you might like to know...

LisaLQ

....there will be another addition to our family next week hopefully, we passed a homecheck (and they even met the babies!) and are adopting another lurcher, called Badger :)
Will post pics when I can upload them to muchos, maybe tonight or tomorrow :D
Lisa
xx

[img]http://muchos.co.uk/members/LisaLQ/badger.jpg[/img]
[img]http://muchos.co.uk/members/LisaLQ/badger2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://muchos.co.uk/members/LisaLQ/The-Irish-Gang.jpg[/img]
These are Badger - he is about 2-3 years old, and he's from Ireland. He might be a springer cross type lurcher, but really it's anyone's guess!
He's very friendly, soft and loveable, and should settle in very well here. He might even be cat friendly :D

[size=6][color=indigo]CONGRATULATIONS[/color][/size] [color=darkred]Lisa.
Badger is gorgeous :D Although might I add, he does look like he as Border Collie in him rather than a Springer....he as my Penny's feet and that *IT WASN'T ME LOOK*. I spotted that straight away :thumbs:
and you never know he might get on well with cats :wink: some dogs do.
My moms Border Terrier did, even though she had been cruelly treated and her one hate was cats as she was forced to hunt and kill them like foxes by her previous owner :evil: but she got on well with the cat in time!![/color]

[quote name='Shannon_C'][size=6][color=indigo]CONGRATULATIONS[/color][/size] [color=darkred]Lisa.
Badger is gorgeous :D Although might I add, he does look like he as Border Collie in him rather than a Springer....he as my Penny's feet and that *IT WASN'T ME LOOK*. I spotted that straight away :thumbs: [/color][/quote]

LOL so did I Shannon- my dog has the same look (he is part border collie, we think).

Badger is gorgeous Lisa!!!! :angel:

[color=darkblue]Bk_blue[/color][color=darkred]
Yes I can see the Border Collie there hun, he defianetely has the tail that looks like its been dipped in white paint LOL, the ears and eyes.
Has he got Pointer in him :question: the mottled coat gives me the impression that he as[/color] :niewiem:

Shannon I've got no idea!! :-? I was told he was a heeler/bc cross but I dunno, people have said he looks like he's got pointer, bull terrier, dalmatian and greyhound in him :o so I wouldn't have a clue- but he acts like a heeler with his herding- one time he herded everyone into the loungeroom and lay down and stared at us all :roll: and if anyone left he would follow them and herd them back. :roll: :lol:

Not sure about pointer, it's unlikely as I think he used to be a travellers dog (was taken off them in Ireland?) and pointers aren't really in their league if you get me.
The rescue thinks he is springer cross (could be collie too, lurchers tend to have more than two breeds in there) because of these little spots, and also the ears, they say they are actually quite long in real life.
The posts aren't all the way through, they are black spots under white hair, so they are a bit springer too I think.
Not sure, but I know one thing, he is handsome, he is gorgeous, and he is ours :D
Thanks for all the lovely messages, will post more details as and when it all goes ahead, and if we get more pics :)
Lisa
xx

[quote name='LisaLQ']Not sure about pointer, it's unlikely as I think he used to be a travellers dog (was taken off them in Ireland?) and pointers aren't really in their league if you get me.
[/quote]

[color=darkred]You got the posts mixed up hun. The pointer was to Bk_blue :)
I did say Badger looks Border Collie mixed with Lurcher, he has got Penny's feet (My Border Collie) and the eyes[/color] :wink:

[quote name='behle']Be still, my heart! :iloveyou: Badger is exceedingly handsome! I love his markings.....sigh

Hope everything goes smoothly! :lol:[/quote]

behle you crack me up :) lisa, he is extraordinarily handsome, i'd like to adopt a greyhound someday, i don't think it would be a good idea with dresden being how she is though.....