Dogomania

MY PUPPY IS EXPECTED TO BE BORN WITHING 24 HOURS!!!

Crested

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

[color=darkred]LOL Crested your the same as me hun. I too use up most of my time to read Bullmastiff books and looking at the pictures, pedigrees etc :D
I have looked up many Pedigrees thats for sure.

I know you will make a lovely breeder and like you say money isn't an issue.....your totally right. For someone to be a good breeder....money doesn't come into it when selling puppies its to better the breed.

I am with you all they way on this superb idea hun. I wish you all the luck and sorry to hear that you didn't get your girl and hoping you go ahead with Nancy's idea of staying with this breeder...wish I could do the same with the kennel I had Charlie from...but unfortunately its not to be as the breeder is sadly no longer around but sounds like you found the right one!![/color]
:wink: :wink:

Well the two breeders (the one I'm thinking of takeing the puppy and the one that has the litter from wich I didn't get the puppy) are friends and I know both of them.
The pedigree of this litter she's having is grait! 14 dogs of wich 10 have atleast Fin Ch. To make it even better, she breeds true hairesses!! I'm getting (again) more and more exited! The pup would be born in the end of september (if I've been counting correcly).

Thumbs up!

/Crest

:D

Wow, sounds like you found two good breeders.

I have a question what is the difference between a hairy hairless and a true hairless? I was told that you have to breed a hairy crested to a hairless crested in order to get a hairless, is this true?

:angel:

[quote name='Rosebud']:D

Wow, sounds like you found two good breeders.

I have a question what is the difference between a hairy hairless and a true hairless? I was told that you have to breed a hairy crested to a hairless crested in order to get a hairless, is this true?

:angel:[/quote]

I wonder the same thing Rosebud! :D

No, no, no, no. A chinese crested that has hair is called a Powder Puff. A Powder Puff does NOT have the hairless gene, so if you breed a PP with a PP the result is just PP's, so by breeding just PP's it would be easy to terminate all the hairless ones.
The hairless is a mutation that nobody knows the origin of.
A true hairless is a dog that is naturally hairless (wich means you don't have to shave it in order for it to be hairless) a hairy hairless is just the opposite. It can even be an extreme hairy hairless wich means it looks just like a PP. The only diffirence between the two of them is that the hairy hairless carries the hairless geene and the PP doesn't and that the hairless has it's teeth pointing a bit forward, like "tusks" and the PP doesn't.

And now most breed hairy hairlesses and I'm interested in true hairlesses (the way they were before people started breeding them to become the ideal dog).

Now allso they have started breeding them to become bigger. The normal height is 25-33cm but I've heard that there are CC's up to 40cm!!! And I'm interested in the smaller ones and the true hairless ones.

Another problem with hairless dogs is missing teeth (The american hairless terrier is the only hairless dog with full teeth). The PP has to have all teeth, but the hairless can be missing teeth (it's rare if you find a hairless with a full set of teeth).

And another is floppy ears. So that's why many breeders tape the ears to make them erect.

Sooooo.... What I would want the CC to evolve to is: true hairless with full sets of teeth and naturally erected ears! :)

Guess how hard that is!!

/Crest

:D

[quote]Sooooo.... What I would want the CC to evolve to is: true hairless with full sets of teeth and naturally erected ears! [/quote]

Good for you Crested.

Question, Is that not what all the Hairless Crested breeders should be striving to achieve?

:angel:

[quote name='Rosebud']Question, Is that not what all the Hairless Crested breeders should be striving to achieve?[/quote]

Should be, but some don't... :( Many don't care of the ears and think that the hairy hairlesses are much better then true hairlesses, because with them you can decide how much crest, plume and socks they should have by shaveing them. This wouldn't work with true hairlesses. And because it is so common on hairless dogs to have missing teeth, then the priorities have changed to that the hairless has to have all teeth BESIDES the premolars.

/Crest

[quote name='K']So I wonder is it the same thing that makes a hairless dog hairless as does a hairless cat? :-? and to Crested would you like a hairless cat?[/quote]

I haven't been reading much about hairless cats (haven't found enough pages about thoose creatures called Sphynx), but I think so. I would love to have a hairless cat, but a hairless cat is much, MUCH more sozialiced creature then a Chinese Crested (a CC is independent) and they can't be long without having their mommy or daddy around. I've heard that a Sphynx's nature is a mix between cat, dog, monkey and child. :D But they are EXTREMELY cute! The only problem is, I'm more allergic to cats then to dogs, but I am definately going to give it a try in the future!

/Crest

[size=6][color=red]crested[/color][/size] i`m sooo pleasedabout this other litter due in september. :D
I was just reading our local newspaper and saw an add for a new litter of chinese crested powder puff puppies are ready to go now....so i wondered if you had thought of importing one?....just an idea. I have telephone number if you were interested....just trying to help :lol:
By the way i`m in england.

[quote name='Crested']No, no, no, no. A chinese crested that has hair is called a Powder Puff. A Powder Puff does NOT have the hairless gene, so if you breed a PP with a PP the result is just PP's, so by breeding just PP's it would be easy to terminate all the hairless ones.
The hairless is a mutation that nobody knows the origin of.
A true hairless is a dog that is naturally hairless (wich means you don't have to shave it in order for it to be hairless) a hairy hairless is just the opposite. It can even be an extreme hairy hairless wich means it looks just like a PP. The only diffirence between the two of them is that the hairy hairless carries the hairless geene and the PP doesn't and that the hairless has it's teeth pointing a bit forward, like "tusks" and the PP doesn't.

And now most breed hairy hairlesses and I'm interested in true hairlesses (the way they were before people started breeding them to become the ideal dog).

Now allso they have started breeding them to become bigger. The normal height is 25-33cm but I've heard that there are CC's up to 40cm!!! And I'm interested in the smaller ones and the true hairless ones.

Another problem with hairless dogs is missing teeth (The american hairless terrier is the only hairless dog with full teeth). The PP has to have all teeth, but the hairless can be missing teeth (it's rare if you find a hairless with a full set of teeth).

And another is floppy ears. So that's why many breeders tape the ears to make them erect.

Sooooo.... What I would want the CC to evolve to is: true hairless with full sets of teeth and naturally erected ears! :)

Guess how hard that is!!

/Crest[/quote]

Just goes to show you Crested has done ALL her homework! :wink: Good For You Crested! :thumbs: ! :D

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Just goes to show you Crested has done ALL her homework! :wink: Good For You Crested! :thumbs: ! :D[/quote]

Umm... Didn't I tell you I use nearly all my time to read about Chinese Cresteds?? :hmmm: :D

/Crest