Dogomania

MY PUPPY IS EXPECTED TO BE BORN WITHING 24 HOURS!!!

Crested

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben i such a strange dog. When he sees that I'm upset or sad he always starts to do the "cute-baby-tricks". So he looks at me and makes SURE I look, then he starts chaseing his tail like a whirlwind, fall on one side and start rolling on his back while barking like a puppy then suddenly stop and look at the tail, bark at it and get up, then he starts throwing his head from one side to another so his ears make this "floppy" -sound and chase the tail again for a while. When I've started laughing, he comes to me with his tail wagging and looks like me with thoose eyes of his that say: "Did I make you feel better?" :D
Where would I be without that precious doggy?

/Crest

Awww Crested, Ben sounds like he's the light of your world! :D What a wonderful pup! :D

:cry: :cry: :cry: So sorry that you may not be able to get your pup! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really hope you get her! I really do! I just said a little prayer for you now, and my fingers are crossed.. :D :wink:

Don't worry, if it was meant to happen, it was meant to happen! If you don't get her, youl still have Ben, and then you may be able to get another female another time(although you will need to do all the waiting again! :o ) :wink:

Good Luck Babe! :angel: KEEP US UPDATED! :D

(K, we spent all this time waiting for bad news! :bigcry: )

Hi Giz, nice to see you here! :hand: :D

[quote name='Crested']Ben i such a strange dog. When he sees that I'm upset or sad he always starts to do the "cute-baby-tricks". So he looks at me and makes SURE I look, then he starts chaseing his tail like a whirlwind, fall on one side and start rolling on his back while barking like a puppy then suddenly stop and look at the tail, bark at it and get up, then he starts throwing his head from one side to another so his ears make this "floppy" -sound and chase the tail again for a while. When I've started laughing, he comes to me with his tail wagging and looks like me with thoose eyes of his that say: "Did I make you feel better?" :D
Where would I be without that precious doggy?

/Crest[/quote]

[color=darkred]Crested.

Ben sounds like a lot of fun hun :D Hope you hear some news very soon about your little girl pup!
We all have our fingers and paws crossed for you here...including the cats[/color] :wink:

[b][color=darkred]*~Hugs~*[/color][/b]

[color=darkred]Barbiro.

I like your website hun :D I tried to send you a photo of my Bullmastiff to put in your gallery yesterday, but I was having problems scanning one!
The computer has recently been formatted and parts of the scanning toolbox as been lost :-? I will have to get my man to have a look :roll:
Soon as its sorted I will send you one of my dog...if you dont mind that is[/color] :oops:

Well... it's pretty much clear now... I won't get my puppy... :cry: So I have to start the search again... :cry:
See the timeing would have been PERFECT with this puppy, and I've decided that I WANT a puppy end of story! But the puppy has to be of good quality, because of my dream of becoming a breeder.

Guess how had that search is going to be... :cry:

/Crest

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I'm so sorry babe! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know how long you've been waiting for her, and how long you've wanted this dream puppy! :cry: Life can be so cruel! Why don't you call the breeder whos going to take 2 pupps, and BEG her just to take one so you can have 1 too! :-?

Good Luck on your search babe! I'm going to be with you 100% of the way! :fadein:

[quote name='Crested']Well... it's pretty much clear now... I won't get my puppy... :cry: So I have to start the search again... :cry:
See the timeing would have been PERFECT with this puppy, and I've decided that I WANT a puppy end of story! But the puppy has to be of good quality, because of my dream of becoming a breeder.

/Crest[/quote]
Crested just a thought :lol: , you say the breeder of the bitch is having two girl pups, so it sounds like there were terms attatched to the bitch when she was sold, have you thought of contacting the person who is having the two girls, she may sell you one you know, often people with terms then resell what they get back. :lol:

[quote name='roo'][quote name='Crested']Well... it's pretty much clear now... I won't get my puppy... :cry: So I have to start the search again... :cry:

/Crest[/quote]
Crested just a thought :lol: , you say the breeder of the bitch is having two girl pups, so it sounds like there were terms attatched to the bitch when she was sold, have you thought of contacting the person who is having the two girls, she may sell you one you know, often people with terms then resell what they get back. :lol:[/quote]

WOW! ROO!! :o I had been thinking that there must be some kind of term or something, but I didn't think that far! :o THANKS!!! I allredy sent a question to the breeder! :D Thumbs up again! :D

WOW, I feel like hugging you to death right now!! :D :D Thank you SO much for giving me a bit hope!! :D

/Crest

Well... It looks like she will be keeping them both... I asked that the breeder of the pups to ask her if she could sell one to me or place one with me (that would mean that in about 2 years she would be mine :wink:). He said he would do that, but that she probabely won't do that... :(

...soooo... another search.... *sigh*

/Crest

:cry:

Oh Crested, I went to the lake this weekend expecting to get to see pictures of newborns when I got back. I am so sorry that things didn't work out. Are you trying to get a crested in finland, or are you just trying to get a show female from a quality line. Have you thought about an import?

:angel:

[quote name='Crested']Well... It looks like she will be keeping them both... I asked that the breeder of the pups to ask her if she could sell one to me or place one with me (that would mean that in about 2 years she would be mine :wink:). He said he would do that, but that she probabely won't do that... :(

...soooo... another search.... *sigh*

/Crest[/quote]

Oh Crested, I'm so sorry that things didn't work out for you with this litter!!!!

One thing that you may want to consider is that it's not unusual to wait a long period of time if you want a dog from particular lines. (I waited just over two years for Mason!) Rather than start a search for another breeder, perhaps you should talk with the breeder that you did find and liked so much and inquire if she will be breeding a litter next year. Perhaps you could be the first person on her wait list. If you start off with a new breeder again, what number will you wind up on that wait list?

I'm so sorry Crested!! I feel for yea, girl!!

I think that what Nancy said is a good idea: stick with this breeder if you like her. I know you spent a lot of time researching for the perfect breeder and since you thought/know this one is it you might wanna stick to it.

But, do what your gut tells you to do. Your brain doesn't always know what's best. (I know this from experience)

Have you thought of getting one from a rescue? Sometimes they have really good dogs there too. And you weren't going to use this one for breeding purposes anyways, right? Just a thought.

Thanks... :)

Good idea Nancy... Actually the same breeder is having anohther litter this autumn, so I might get a puppy from there, but then there's this other breeder who is expecting puppies too (not certain yet) and if I would take from her, I would be on the top of the wait list... So I don't know...

[quote name='Peairie_Gurl']And you weren't going to use this one for breeding purposes anyways, right?[/quote]

Actually I am going to use this puppy I'm (hopefully) someday getting for breeding, because my big dream is to become a breeder. I use nearly all my freetime on reading about Chinese Cresteds, looking at pictures, looking at pedigrees, reading the FCI breed standard (for the millionth time) etc.
I'm allso hopeing on going on a breeders course this summer (if there will be any this year). I'm allso going to go after that to a second breeders course (you have to go the first one, if you want to be a breeder in the Finnish Kennel klub, the second one is totally up to you, but my motto is: "You can never know too much", so I am going on the second one after the first one.).

And I am ABSOLUTELY NOT going to have puppy because of money! NO WAY!!! I want to make a litter because I love the Chinese Crested. NOT because of money. Even if there weren't even any money involved, I would become a breeder. :) But mabye I'm just werid... :-?

/Crest

[quote name='Crested']Thanks... :)

Good idea Nancy... Actually the same breeder is having anohther litter this autumn, so I might get a puppy from there, but then there's this other breeder who is expecting puppies too (not certain yet) and if I would take from her, I would be on the top of the wait list... So I don't know...

/Crest[/quote]

Since you are hoping to use this bitch as your foundation bitch, you need to be absolutely certain that you buy the best possible bitch that you can. If both breeders breed the same quality, with whatever health testing is applicable to the breed, have a "proven track record" in breeding and have the depth of pedigree behind the sire/dam of the proposed litter then you can buy from either of them. If one does not have all of the above but they are having pups sooner, IMO, you would be better off waiting.

[quote name='Nancy B'][quote name='Crested']Thanks... :)

/Crest[/quote]

Since you are hoping to use this bitch as your foundation bitch, you need to be absolutely certain that you buy the best possible bitch that you can. If both breeders breed the same quality, with whatever health testing is applicable to the breed, have a "proven track record" in breeding and have the depth of pedigree behind the sire/dam of the proposed litter then you can buy from either of them. If one does not have all of the above but they are having pups sooner, IMO, you would be better off waiting.[/quote]

Crested, I'm not questioning you just the second breeder, why would you be able to be at the top of the wait list? Most ethical breeders have a wait list before the actual breeding takes places. I agree with Nancy, if both breeders breed quality lines either line would be fine to start with but I myself question why the second breeder has a litter in the oven without a list of placements and deposits in hand.

:angel: