Dogomania

Do your dogs have a favourite blanket, bed etc.

marion

I've just changed their winter fleece blanket for a nice summer duvet. By the way I do have several of each, just in case you thought they lay on one all winter and one all summer :o :o :o . They have two mattresses under this, one thin and one thick. Rosie couldn't wait for me to throw the thing in the basket before she started jumping in, I had to hawk her out a few times so I could straighten it, only for her to get in and ruffle it all up again. :evil: :evil: :evil:

They also have a vetbed in front of the fire which they love on a cold winters night. :D

Couldn't resist this cosy pic of Rosie, mind you it's always very hard to get her out of her pit. :evil:

What favourite sleeping places do your dogs have? Yeah, mine love our bed too but with two great lumps on it it's hard to move, and I do like to toss and turn a bit.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAAtAz4aibavjkS9saLGvphEjm9!iS15BfOQ4VEjKxvyJziqVnG2SWJi5zcEngDPmwA12aqasscJTu57XDpxTi43b!gHWrJ1GLqYzbYmn8e3LcZD1Js*FBaILAixjJy3u!atRx1hAqA/Rosie-in-Basket-8-May-03.jpg?dc=4675421905593121442[/img]

Excellent pic, marion! My dogs each have their own dog bed, but of course they would rather sleep in bed with mommy and daddy. :roll:

Licky has a blankie that she just absolutely loves! She will suck on it for awhile, then eventually fall asleep. Here she is with her blankie:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADiAvYX1bVBnQwa!K7ccN9udKx7cwikycCl*D36d!Ly0GfhOee0OStYOK!zi0S4M5EiZhGf72RkA1caTj6LwmmRWch9wB7du1fl!TtFNpNY9Utx!k4kYA/lickyblankie.JPG?dc=4675420660394267069[/img]

She is going to be getting a new one this year. That one has been sucked on and washed so much it's falling apart!

That's really funny, I've never heard of a dog sucking a blanket before. It must give her a lot of comfort. :D She might not like a new one as much, so don't throw the old one out just yet. :cry:

Look at that face, BEAUTIFUL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The floor :roll:

We bought Indy a nice big trampoline bed and he has never slept on it once - just dug a hole through the centre of it :o

I would love to get him a nice big soft and squishy type of bed but I really don't think he would use it. It would just get ripped to shreds.

I actually think he likes the floor because the tiles are the coolest place for him.

Guest Anonymous

Bentley's,Saint Bernard, favorite spot to sleep seems to be Caeser's crate (he'd better enjoy it while he still fits in there). Caeser doesn't seem to ever lay down and sleep unless he's actually crated at the time :lol:

My JRT Barney`s favorite place is my bed :roll:
My yorkie terrier Joe`s favorite place is my sons bed :roll:
My lurcher cross Shaddow`s favorite place is my middle daughter`s bed :roll:
and my Rottie Laylah`s favorite place is the big soft armchair in the lounge with her special fluffy blanket :roll:

:D :D :D :D

[quote name='Malamum']The floor :roll:

We bought Indy a nice big trampoline bed and he has never slept on it once - just dug a hole through the centre of it :o
[/quote]
[color=darkblue]
[i]Oh dear, trying not to laugh here but the way that is put[/color] [/i]:lol:
[color=darkred]
Patch and Penny our Westie mix and Border Collie have had soft beds, duvets...the lot in there crates and have ripped them to shreds than rather lie on them...so what ever they have now....if it gets ripped up it stays there until it needs washing, which apparently as been endless of times :o I don't know what the reason is but they seem to prefer lying on the tray than a nice soft blanket :roll:
I did have the same problem with Charlie but this only happened when he was left...we bought him a nice large soft bed from SNOOZEEEEE'S and got a duvet free because of the trouble we had getting this bed, after the other was stolen from Discover Dogs in London where we had it from.
When we eventually got another one, Charlie only had it a few weeks and decided he was going to chew the middle of the mat that came with the bed so we decided to leave the radio on when we went out....to see if that would help him sleep, it did work but only if we crept out LOL without making any noise so he would think we were in.
He did still have his moments so then we gave him a single duvet that we don't use any more but it was too warm for him and wasn't comfortable as it was too bulky, so trying again and again we gave him back is bed with a duvet cover over it TO KEEP IT CLEAN but this time we put the dog duvet we had free flat out...comfortable yes but it ended up in a large heap LOL so poor Charlie was up the one end (fussy or what) so now we found out he likes to sleep with his head propped up against the side....the duvet has now been turned into a pillow that as to be folded twice for his comfort :roll:
I buy single covers that I put his bed in and fasten up the one end.....keeps his bed clean and is easy to remove and wash.
He as several new ones!

THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR DOGS LOL[/color]

[quote name='Malamum']
We bought Indy a nice big trampoline bed and he has never slept on it once - just dug a hole through the centre of it :o.[/quote]

LOL we bought BK amd Rinny 2 of these beds and a few days later they both had ripped them up and put their blankets in the hole. :lol: My sister has seen BK get into a banana box (yes, the boxes you can buy bananas in!) and curl up several times- he apparently looked SO squashed but he must have been comfy otherwise he wouldn't do it. :roll: She wouldn't let my dad throw it out because it was BK's other bed!! When Rinny was still alive BK being alpha would pick what bed he wanted and Rinny would have the other one, if BK felt like swapping he would just go and flop on top of Rinny until Rinny got sick of it and moved. :roll:

So far Zebra has gone threw three dog pillows...they all said "indestrucatable". Ha! Yea right! So we got him a queen size comfortor all for himself and he loves that and he moves it all around untill he feels comfortable. We also got him a big dog pillow from 'Sam's Club' (it's like Cosco's). And he loves that big pillow too.

Mouse- Zebra HATES it when I wash his blacnkets and pillows. I think it's because it washed away his stinky smell. :lol:

My dog loves his bed we bought him. He's a little too big for it now but he still sleeps on it. We got it when he was a little puppy and he sleeps on it all night and never moves until we get up in the morning. It says, "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie", on the side of it. He also will lay on anything soft that is on the floor.

Slim

Shadow has her over-stuffed bed that was made especially for her by my mommy; a make-shift bed (pillows, a blanket that was my dad's wedding present *he he*,etc); the floor in the middle of everything; anywhere she can be touching me; the grass outside; her pet taxi... gosh, i could go on forever and ever. She does like soft things (stuft animals, old blankets, pillows) alot and I always bring some on road trips and when we stay in motels and stuff.

Rocky lays anywhere. He is my rug. Sometimes he lays on one of Shadow's many beds. Other times he doesn't. Oh, just thought of this-- he loves lieing under the kitchen table where the dogs ain't allowed... only because Shadow can't get him there. lol.

Can you spell S-P-O-I-L-E-D?? LOL.

Tyr's favourite bed is the cold tile floor, no matter what we do to encourage him otherwise he wants to sleep on the tiles (must be the Malamute in him) I'd really like to convince him to sleep on the foamy chair or elsewhere because of his hips but he's having none of it. Zaphod likes his pile of blankets in the corner and Kavik switches back and forth between my bed and the pile of blankets with Zaphod . . . maybe I snore.

Guest Anonymous

[color=darkred]A lot of dogs like to sleep on tiled or wooden floors.....its cool for them.
My Bullmastiff sleeps one ours quite often, if he gets too warm he sweats so he will dig his bed up to try and get cool, if that doesn't work the floor is the next place he chooses :)
Basically the breed is suppose to lay on soft bedding to protect the elbows but I would rather that be than to see him uncomfortable!!
You can only do so much for them [/color] :)

[quote name='Malamum']Dogpaddle, Indy is the same. I feel like I am being mean and neglecting him by having him just sleep on the tiles, but it's all he wants to do :roll:[/quote]

[color=darkred]I know how you feel Malamum. It can't be good for them wanting to lay on hard floor but if they are happier we can't do much :-?
The only time Charlie is on soft bedding is when he's crated, which isn't often.....usually if the weather is warm, the floor is his spot as its cool but at nighttime or when he has to be left....I put a fan on for him near his crate!! [/color]

Guest Anonymous

Dreys favorite blanket whatever one i want to lay under. he will have a blanket and be on the floor half sleep, but if i walk in to the room and get in the recliner he jumps up and then goes back to sleep on me. in itself that not a problem but then there is 140lbs of jealous rottwieler who is absolutely convinced that he is a lap dog, and hes not getting bigger [b]I[/b] am getting smaller. So we all sit on the floor that way noone feels left out.
oh and Dreys favorite toy? the one that Daz has, no matter how many toys there are bones, balls, ropes, stuffed this or thats, it doesnt matter, whatever Daz has is officially the best toy in the house, and he MUST have it. so there is Daz running around with Drey in hot pursuit.

they crack me up..:black: