Dogomania

Just wondering...

Does anyone else's dog follow them EVERYWHERE they go. I mean, I've never seen Elle take a nap because she's always with me. If she's napping and I get up she'll follow me. My mom says that when I'm not home she'll nap all day almost. But I've never seen her napping. :o Is this normal? Mind u she's my first doggy ever so I'm really curious about her behavior. :lol:

My lab/mix Licky does the EXACT same thing! She can be laying right next to me passed out and snoring and all I have to do is get up to leave the room and she is right up my butt. :o My sheltie Honey may raise her head up when i get up, but will only follow me if I have food in my hand. :lol:

:D :wink:

Sandy and Rocket just look at me to see if I'm going to the cookie jar, Sally-Rose on the other hand is my side-kick, don't matter what I'm doing or where I'm going, she will follow me to the toilet and if I put the baby gate up in the back door to the garage so that I can keep the garage door open she will bark till I let her out with me.

:angel:

My husband calls Cricket the "velcro dog" - she even has a nest spot in the bookcase headboard of our bed so she can sleep right next to my head. The huskies are a different story however. because there are more of them than us, they have a more complex social structure and don't necessarily need us to interact- they have games that they have invented such as "pass the dish", where all the food dishes get moved around in the dog yard, with one or two dogs ending up with all the dishes. My lead dog Bug invented a game called "I think I see something". It goes like this: Everybody is snoozing and she will suddenly jump up on her house and pretend to see something reeealy interesting off in the distance, get all excited, whimper, cry and carry on till all the dogs are worked up, then jump down and pretend nothing happened, while the dimmer bulbs continue to act stupid. I swear she is really amused by this, cause I've watched her do it countless times, and have never seen anything that she thinks she sees. Weird. :niewiem:

Zebra does something that we call "selective fallowing". He tends to pick a person every day to fallow around. So we each get turns having a furry shadow. Yesturday was my bro's turn and today it's mine. Kinda strange huh? :roll: He lies on our feet and anytime we move or get up he jumps up and follows us. Dog are so cute. :angel:

[quote name='Bronxie'][quote name='Rosebud']:D :wink:

she will follow me to the toilet :angel:[/quote]
Elle does the same thing. :o[/quote]

:rofl: i have 4 dogs and they all follow me around but two in particular also follow me to the toilet and have to come in with me!! :roll: sheeeez can`t even have a pee in private :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I have a toilet companion too :roll: The other morning I was actually very ill and had to run to the toilet to be sick (this isn't a very plesant image but......), there I was sitting on the floor crying and being sick and there's Indy with his head over my shoulder trying to see what I was doing and trying to lick my face.

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Coal does the same... but not so much... he's still little so finds lots of distractions, but if he realizes I've left him too long, he'll start cryin.
Hazel would follow me EVERYWHERE! When I'd go and have a shower in the morning, usually she'd miss me get in (or I'm sure she woulda gone in too! :o ) because she'd be visiting with mum and dad, so as soon as I'd get out, and open the door, she'd be sleepin by the door! Then when I went to school, she'd either be at the window, or sleepin on my bed!! She'd follow me EVERYWHERE! And if she couldn't she'd just CRY!
:cry: oh great, now I'm in tears... :cry:

My GSD follows me around everywhere except when he's found something to chew on or if he's eating. I love to hide from him and see how long it takes him to find me. When I get home he cries and whines like he's getting beat because he so excited to see me. If he's not with me he's usually getting into some kind of trouble.

Slim

Dogpaddle- :lol: , I refer to my 3 as my entourage also !! I can't go anywhere in the house without the girrllzz following me. If I do happen to go somewhere without them , my hubby tells me all they do is whine and cry and sit next to the window waiting for me to return.... they know the sound of my SUV coming down the street !! :o I'm at home all the time, so they don't like it when I leave. :(

Debbie
I find I get so used to the entourage I just tune them out when I'm working around here I don't even mind stepping over/around/into them anymore - for example the dogs are usually not allowed in the kitchen (its very small and not a good place for them when people are cooking) I can be cooking dinner and Pik will come in and ask why I let the dogs in the kitchen (bad anti-training DP) and it's only then a realize they're curled up in the corner, by the dishwasher or something. They are my constant shadows and I love it.

I love it too. Shadow sticks up to her name (need I say more). And waits for me to get outa the bathroom (not allowed in there), lays in the doorway of the computar room (not allowed there either), and when she doesn't know where I am... she goes banchy. Rocky follows me around a lot too... especially when I'm outside in the yard. I think he just wants me to love him up most of the time because nobudy else luvs him as much as me. (shadow is the fav)

When I take Rocky for a walk, and Shadow is left behind in the yard, she crys and howls and barks... it's so sad. And she has this hound-like howl too. You can hear it for miles!! All the neighbors know who's bein the baby!!

[color=darkred]Dogs are our healers :D they are always there for you at happy and sad times. Charlie sticks to me like glue...hes the only one that does really. Penny and Patch would rather play or sleep...well Patch will he's 14 years old so he sleeps alot![/color]

Mama A.J,
How old is Landon ?? Gretchen is going to be 2yr. on 12-25-03.
What does he weigh in at ? The last time I had Gretchie at the Vets she was 90lb. The Vet thought she was in great shape. She's going to be a big girl, they're guesstimating around 100lb.+.
She's such a lovely girl, Landon sounds like he has the same sweet personality. :angel: