Dogomania

OMG!! :(

[color=violet][color=blue] :o i got home today only to find out bad news :cry:

My mother told me about a young lady (21 or something) who had been in the paper that day..On ThE CoVeR...This girl was doing a friend a favour by bringing his dog dogfood...She was petting the Dog (Rottie i think) and all of a sudden, He snapped at her face... :(

Later, I saw her on T.V being interviewed..I started to cry to myself because of the woonds all around her left eye.. :cry: She was crying and seemed so...surprised this could happen..Erin Macullum had lived with dogs for her life! Even a DOBERMAN! And she worked at the vet! She loved dogs..I feel so sorry for her... :cry: She most likely will not love dogs as much anymore :-?

I used to feel sad hearing things like this but I used to think, It's not the dogs fault, he didn't know better etc...Well since this is Ottawa, It is REALLY making me think....What A Small And Sad World Because :[/color][/color]

[color=darkred][b]ERIN MACULLUM IS NOT ONLY MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR, BUT, MY COUSIN[/b][/color] :( :cry: :o

I've been bitten three times doing my job but I still love dogs. I never reported any of them just had my shots. Although I must say one of them was a nasty little devil, but I think that was the owner's fault because she's a nasty devil as well.

Poor Erin at least I didn't get bit in the face, I hope it's not dented her confidence and give her our best wishes for a speedy recovery. :D

Guest Anonymous

Thank You.

I hope she is going to be okay...And I think She Will Be...But the woonds on T.V looked so awfull :( I'm not sure if the dog will be destroyed...I dont think so.But what makes all of this worse, is that this dog belonged to one of her friends...and...maybe they won't be so close anymore :-?

Oh wow! that is scary. I hate when incidents like this happen, because I know they can be prevented...and that there is some underlying problem that caused the dog to do such a thing- I don't think it is a dog's natural instinct if it has been raised and trained properly. It is sad for the victims of such incidents, how horrible. But, one thing I really hate is how incidents such as this give dogs like Rottweilers and Pit Bulls really bad names- and when people think of those two breeds they get the idea of aggressive dogs.

I know many rottweilers and many pitts who are nothing but big babies, and they are so innocent! I could never imagine them biting anyone, they are just too sweet and so well behaved- but a lot of love, time, and patience was put into it to make them behave that way. Those two breeds are not for everyone, and some people do not understand that.

I have a rottie/lab mix, and he is just the sweetest dog. I can only hope that all the love, time, patience, and care that I put into him will pay off.

As far as the girl who was bit- I hope she will be okay, and be able to overcome that fear.

I got bitten by a little bitsy whippet called Rosie (typical), she bit me twice on the back of my thigh, it bloody hurt I could hardly press my foot on the car pedals while I was finishing my round. So it's not always large aggressive looking dogs who bite. I always watch out for the small angelic ones. :D

I had been in her house before when her Dad was dying from cancer and she had been fine. Anyway he died and next time I was in with her Mum I had my back to the stairs and she came running down and bit me. I think it was the trauma of losing her Dad who she was with every day, I couldn't chastise her, I think she was stressed. :(

The other time, the woman opened her door and her Jack Russell (nasty) :evil: jumped up and latched on to my stomach, that was even more painful than the thigh. I was black and blue and the nurse said I should of reported it in case it bit a child. And before you start I've got nothing against Jack Russells, my friend has one and I love him to bits and he me. It's just this particular one is very nasty (takes after his owner) and she should be more careful when opening the door to anyone.

It's sad that Erin might lose a friendship over this as we all need our friends. Let us know what happens :(

Ilovelabs--i always thought that when things like this happened (they were almost ALL with Rotties) i used to think : Owners fault, not trained properly, didn't know better etc...even though I was ALWAYS EXTREMELY sad and sorry for the human, i would always try to cut the Rottie some slack...And now I think differently after this inncodent :-?

She will be okay...But since I'm not really that close with her, I don't exactly know if the friendship will be okay :-? I don't see her often but still,it was traumatizing to see the AwFuLl woonds near her eye on T.V and she was crying on t.v

I don't know if she's mad at her friends...but she said that after it happened and she was in the sink, holding a cloth, she said that the only thing her friends said was: Its cuz he didn't knnow u" NoT EvEn A SoRrY?! :x :o

Sorry about your cousin's wounds, Holz. In my opinion that dog owner should be apologizing profusely! Why did this person not get someone the dog KNOWS to do the visiting for feeding? Why put a friend in harm's way?
:-?

YoUr AbSoLuTeLy RiGhT bEHlE

bUt ErIn DiDn'T FeEd ThE DoG, jUsT BrInG hIm FoOd CuZ tHe OwNeR rAn OuT Of PuPpY FoOd! :roll:

Thanks Everyone! :angel: Her cheeks are slashed,scarred and infected...and her eye could be severely damaged... :-?

These Scars will stay with her for life...Not Only The Awful Memory, But The Real Wounds! :cry: :x :o