Dogomania

breakfast antics.

[size=2]When I feed my dogs, I soak they're food in water first (so, it won't puff up [i]inside[/i] them and other things I'm paranoid about.) While their food is on the counter, they all wait impatiently outside the kitchen while I busy myself with other things. When they see me coming back towards the kitchen they do all kinds of cute spins, hops, and play bows.

I was just "making" their breakfast, and when I went back into the kitchen Bane and Adina both stomped their front feet on the ground [i]at the same time[/i] and came charging at me. :lol: It was so cute!

But, honestly, if they weren't [i]my dogs[/i] I think I would have wet my pants. :o [/size]

:lol:

Sally and Rocket wait ever so patiently right behind me, I have to be careful not to trip over them, while little Sandy chimes the course to Please mommy now, I can't wait any longer. Then for the walk from the sink to their foods stations, yes they have elevated food bowls, I get the hip, hip, hooray dance.

:angel:

i too soak mine in water (for the same reasons!!) but before i start soaking the food i get a particular saucepan out that i only use for cooking their meat in (yes they always have some kind of meat mixed in with their normal dry food). As soon as all four see the saucepan they stick to me like glue!!! when they see me take the saucepan off and start to cool the meat they can hardly wait any longer, but try desparatley to contain themselves, but once it`s sorted out, the dry stuff `s starting to soak they start doing little dances around my feet, especially Shaddow my lurcher cross, and Laylah (rottie) lies on the floor trying to be really good but starts singing!!! Barney (JRT)and Joe (yorkie terrier) just start running in tiny circles and talking excitedly,......it`s sooooooo funny to see them all, but difficult to get it to them without tripping over one of them :lol:

Freebee knows my routine by heart. I get up, take my clothes and go in the bathroom. She lays down on the floor just outside. I brush my teeth, get dressed, curl my hair and then put my makeup on. When she hears the drawer close when I put the makeup away, she jumps up and runs to the kitchen, because my next step is to feed her. I find that hilarious. She has learned that the closing of the drawer means breakfast is next...

:D

I am WAY too predictable....lol

LOL Courtnek my routine is very similar to yours. Indy knows as soon as I finish in the bathroom I go downstairs and feed him. You should hear the dressing down I get if I forget something and god forbid have to go back to the bedroom rather than going straight downstairs.

My poodle dont know what breakfast is!! He doesnt eat until around 10pm. Its weird cuz when i was little our toy poodle did the exact same thing. My border collie grabs a mouthful of kibble and lays down in the living room drops them all in front of him, and proceeds to eat them, one at a time. WHATS WITH THAT???? If he leaves any behind, the poodle gobbles them up! :eating:

Hippo doesn't eat before 10 either--mainly because neither of us wakes up before 10 :lol: Even when she wakes up, she's not that interested in food--if we take a while to go to the park, she'll eat some of her kibble, but leave most of them for when she comes back...
What's funny though is that if we take too long to leave, she goes to look outside the window to the park and the other dogs who're luckier and then she whines and comes to me to paw my leg--you know, a tap on my leg... And if I really don't get it, she gets her leash and starts chewing on it :lol: And then she can tell when we put on the park clothes (probably because they smell like her and because we don't tell her to keep her slobber away from them :D ), and she starts running in circles between me and my husband to make sure that we're both ready so that we can leave...
(Mind you, all the excitement happens if she has to work to get us ready, otherwise she's pretty calm about it :wink: )

BK is very funny to watch at dinner. We make him wait on the paving (he has his dinner in a bowl on the grass) and when he bellycrawls forwards Dad says "Get back!!" and he jumps backwards and whinges until the dinner is in the bowl. Then we leave the dinner for a few seconds (saying "wait" first) then "ok" and he attacks it like nothing else. :D

[quote]My border collie grabs a mouthful of kibble and lays down in the living room drops them all in front of him, and proceeds to eat them, one at a time. WHATS WITH THAT???? [/quote]

:question: :question: :question:

Beautiful Border Collie, maybe he does that to frustrate your poodle??? :) That's so strange and cute though!! :P

Kodi starts 'talking' if I take too long with his D-I-N-N-E-R!!
I put some toast in in the mornings, and whenever he hears the toaster pop up, he gets really excited and starts leaping around the kitchen.
It's a bit annoying when ou are making it for yourself though! :roll:
Do anyone elses dogs butrp really loudly after their meal?
Kodi does like a human it's so funny. Sometimes he does it right in my face though! :-? EWWW

[quote name='cairnmom']Frodo likes to take his food out of his dish and eat kibble off the floor too. Funny because if he won't eat....I toss some onthe floor and he gobbles it up. I think he thinks it's a treat :P[/quote]

:lol: yep two of my dogs do exactly the same thing!! Joe my yorkie terrier and Barney my JRT :lol:

Also Shaddow my lurcher cross always burps really loud after his meals :roll: :lol:
my rottie, Laylah seems to be quite lady like until about an hour later, then she start breaking wind like a man :o and boy do they smell :scared: :lol: