Dogomania

Shelties anyone?

SheltieGal

I would love to see more pictures of your Sheltie. Do you have a link?

I used to have a supervisor who had 2 of them. Very smart, active dogs with a personality of their own. Any time he had a get together, the dogs would try to herd people into a corner. It was hilarious.

He treats them as thought they are his babies (he's a bachelor and lives alone with his pets). He cooks FOR THEM and takes them to the groomer every 3 weeks. They look regal and are very beautiful to look at.

The only thing I noticed about Shelties is that they like to nip at your heels. Has that happened with yours? It may be a characteristic of their breed, I dunno.

I don't think Honey has ever nipped at my heels. She is very spoiled as far as food, though. All you have to do is just move a bag of pretzels or any type of bag and she is right there at your feet. Or if you drop a peice of food on the floor, you have to be quick to get it before she does! :lol: She is on a diet now. :cry: She is bigger then an average Sheltie anyway, (a normal weight for her would be between 30 to 35 lbs) but she still has a few pounds to shed. She is a pretty layed back dog, though.

You can see pic's of her here:

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/sheltielover74[/url]

There is also pic's of my other dog Licky (short for Licorice) and pic's of my cat Mee Mee. Hope you like... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I dont have a pure breed. But I have two dogs with sheltie in them.

One is Ginger.. she is 1/2 sheltie 1/2 american eskimo

the other is love.. which is ginger's daughter. she is 1/4 sheltie 3/4 american eskimo.

First I would like to say I am very sorry to hear of your loss...it is very painful losing a pet.
I do not have a Sheltie myself, but I work at a grooming facility where we have at least 5 Shelties a day come in...I swear every single one of them twirls on the blow dry table...they all do it....complete circle round and round they go...its quite funny!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sled dog musher']I have a 1 yr old sable sheltie named duke. :D[/quote]

Cool, would love to see pics!!! I'm trying to talk hubby into getting a blue merle. I have a sable, my parents have the tri.....now I need the blue merle!! I just love them....if I had the space, my house would be full of shelties!!!

• 4 years later...

I'm responding to a comment posted here about a sheltie nipping, I have noticed lately that my sheltie, a 4 year old tri colored has been showing some agression lately. He hates the neighbors and has a fit when anyone comes within 15 feet of the house. He seems to bark at everyone. A few days ago I caught him nipping at the neighbors heels as she was comming up the walk to her unit *we live in a 4plex unit with a common yard*. I have scolded him quite a bit about this and despite efforts between my husband and i we can't seem to break him of this habbit. He has always been close to me. We first got him when my husband was spending winters in the arctic circle moving oil rigs around. I have learned that shelties have a tendancy to be skittish and nervous, yet devoted to their owners. The issue here appears to be that rusty seems to think he needs to protect me, and it seems that he's doing so all the time. He sits at guard at my feet at all hours of the day and sleeps beside my bed. He even follows me into the bathroom or sits at the bathroom door while i'm in there if i don't let him in. He does eventually warm up to people, but the fact that we have lived across the yard from these neighbors hasn't detered him from his actions, and it's getting to the point where my husband and I are at a loss for ideas on how to correct rusty's behavior. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...