Dogomania

Shara & Hazel

Shara :cry:

All these past days, all I could think of where you and Hazel...I couldn't do anything else... :cry:

Yesterday night, I hugged Rowie close and cried into her fur...I cried for such a long time... :cry: And now, tears are welling up in my eyes...I'm so sorry :cry: Nothing has made me feel like this before...I dunno why.. :cry:

Well, now i'm crying so much, I told my mother about you and Hazel, she gives you her deepest sympthanies(sp?) and says that she is so sorry... :cry:

Hazel is at the rainbow bridge now...all our past dogs are greeting her and showing her around...she's probably playing with them now...and there are no humans there...(I think)..just her and her pals... :cry:

I'm so sorry Shara...PM if you need to talk to anyone k? :cry: I'm crying so hard...I hate it when I see friends hurt like this... :cry:

Rest In Peace Hazel My Love...you little :angel:

Rowie :cry:

(P.S. Wonderful Poem BTW!) :angel:

Guest Anonymous

:cry: Thanks guys... :cry:

Today's a little easier...

I had fun at lunch today, it was really sunny outside, practiclly everyone was out in front of the school sittin on the grass. My cuz and my B/F teased me (in a fun way) all at lunch to keep my mind off it.
But then during socials I started crying, and everything all day seems to be reminding me. We watched a movie in English and I missed the first half yesterday, so when it starts out, they were talking about dogs, then just all day things like that... then so during socials I went to the office to call my mom and the office ladies were talking about how pets become like family, and how they knew someone who had to take their dog down the other day, and it just made me cry more, so I called mom and she came and picked me up.
We talked about it for a while, then talked about getting a new dog.
It's so dead sillent in the house now. And I feel SO alone. There's NOTHING to do. I keep finding myself wandering amlisly around the house.
If I get a puppy, it'll take my mind off it too. My mom kept asking if I'm sure I want another dog, but there's not doubt. I can't wait to get a puppy! I keep thinking it would be wrong to get another one... but Lannie (luv ya! :angel: ) explained to me about how after her dog past away, it was a long time before she got Kodi, and she's wishing she would have gotten another dog sooner and stuff... a new puppy would probably make it easier (the pain of Hazel, NOT MY LIFE! :lol: :wink: )
We're going down to PG to the SPCA on Saturday to look at some Lab + puppies that they have down there! I'm so excited! Even if I don't find the perfect pooch, it'll still be fun cuz I'LL GET TO SEE PUPPIES!! :D

sorry for your heartwrenching time this week. 2things i was wondering i hope you don't mind my asking.
1 are you gonna keep your Dogo screen name?
2 did you bury hazel or have her cremated? where is her last resting place.
This might sound sick but my uncle has the ashes of the dogs he's lost in a marble box on display w/ the dogs picture near it. the mable boxes have the breed of dog you want etched into the top. it sounds creepy but it's really a very nice memorial. should lecter die i'm sure i will cremate him but I don't know where i'd put him.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bullygirl29532']sorry for your heartwrenching time this week. 2things i was wondering i hope you don't mind my asking.
1 are you gonna keep your Dogo screen name?
2 did you bury hazel or have her cremated? where is her last resting place.
This might sound sick but my uncle has the ashes of the dogs he's lost in a marble box on display w/ the dogs picture near it. the mable boxes have the breed of dog you want etched into the top. it sounds creepy but it's really a very nice memorial. should lecter die i'm sure i will cremate him but I don't know where i'd put him.[/quote]

1. Yeah, I was thinking about my dogo screen name too. :( But it would be weird if I DIDN'T keep it. Everyone knows me as Hazel, and it would be like as if I was just trying to forget her... I can't do that...

2. We left her at the vets... I don't want to know what they do with the body, I'd rather not think about it. I acciently saw her after through the door and it was horible. It wasn't Hazel. It was just a dead dog. As if looking at someone I'd never seen before. After their gone, their souls are gone, their bodies are just a place for a while sorta deal. It was so weird becuase I only saw a glimps then quickly turned away, but in that glimps, it just, wasn't Hazel.

*hug* Shara... you seem to be dealing with this extraordinarily well, in your own way. I can't imagine the feeling that must go along with actually being there when your dog is PTS (I would have been there had there not been the danger that Maggie would have started actively dying any minute: it would have been an hour for my parents to come get me and an hour to go back down ... too risky).

bullygirl29532: Maggie was cremated (the vet has his own crematorium, said that that was the first thing he built when he got the clinic) and my parents spread her ashes in our backyard on a nice, windy day.

I'm honestly dreading having to go back home at some point. I think that the quietness of the house will just be too much for me to handle... that and the fact that now the dog is "out of the way" (according to my parents), all of the home improvement projects that were put off are being done - I'm not sure that I'd recognize it.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about Hazel. I know how much you loved her and how much time and effort you put into her. Don't think of the times when she was bad, just think of the all the good times you had with her and cherish those memories.

I too think that you should keep your screen name.

Hang in there kiddo!

Guest Anonymous

thanks... I'm trying really hard to handle it.
Last nite was SO hard to sleep. All the noises in the house i couldn't blame on "just the dog" then there was the noises that were missing. Her sigh before she sleeps... when she'd stretch she'd always either hit my door (which would go CLUNK) or hit her crate.

Yeah, I'll keep my screen name.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with Fly 'N Woof too :o (Hazel's website)
Maybe I could keep it goin (go to it every now and then... so it stays open) as a memorial sorta deal... I was thinking I should print out everything on it, and put it in a binder, so it never truely gets lost... but that would be a LOT of ink :o

It's SO hard to break my habits too... I walk in the kitchen and put my hand down and say "Stay"... or when I go down/up stairs I say "go down/up stairs"... or "go to the computer room" or "go to the living room" etc. When I go into rooms. I must look NUTS! :lol: Also this morning I put my sweater on, walked down the hall, then realized I didn't have a dog to walk :( I felt like I should go outside anyway! LOL It just seemed WRONG to NOT go outside when I first wake up.
Then after breakfast I went in the kitchen, and went to get a bowl out of the cupboard to feed her.
Then when I came home, I didn't see her in the window, so my instant reaction was to look at her dog house, but there just lay a chain, no dog on the end. :( :cry: :cry:
The house is SO quite... I can't get over how quite... I really never thought one little dog would make so much noise. :o

I think keeping your name is a good idea - my little tribute to Maggie is in my avatar. And you might look crazy, but you definitely aren't! Right after I moved out, I would always start yelling for the dog if I couldn't find my slippers - even though she was 150 miles away, I could swear she was connected with their disappearance. ;)

If you ever want to talk, feel more than free to get in touch with me..

I know some people in here may disagree with me, but I think the sooner you get another dog the better. Don't feel like by getting another dog and falling in love with it you are forgetting Hazel, she knows she will always be in your heart. But it will make it alot easier for you to deal with. I still go with what I said before about getting a shelter dog though, puppys are cute, but shelter dogs will love you just as much and every day you will know you saved its life, I feel it every day with Tessa.
I think you should keep your name, as a kind of tribute, and with your web page I say when (i say when because I know you'll do it) you make a page for your new dog, put it as a link as a memorial for hazel type of thing. It would be nice I think :angel:
Good luck in finding the right dog

Oh Shara, I totally agree as you know, with Aroura..
After our dog Misty died it was awful..and I so wish we had got another dog straight after, instead of putting it off again and again.
But now I have Kodi, I see little bits of Misty's character in him, as though a part of him is in Kodi, and it's really lovely, you will probably find this with your puppy. :angel:
I also know what you mean about seeing her afterwards..when I worked in a vets I had to help with several euthenaisia's(sp?) and it is so strange.
I once had to sit with a Dobermann, because its owner couldn't bear to stay with it. And it's as though you can feel the spirit drift away from the body, which is actually a really good feeling if you have a dog that is very sick, or very scared, their pain just drifts away with it.
You know we are all thinking of you, and are here for you to tell us all about the little puppies when you get back in a couple of days! :D
Love ya lots Lannie xx

[quote name='hillside']Shara, if you are interested, this month's issue of Dog Fancy has an article about dealing with the loss of a pet. I didn't get a chance to read it, but it looks like it might be useful.[/quote]

Ohh, ohh, I LOVE DogFancy, has soo much useful stuff! :D