Dogomania

Do you think I'm being "nosey"

huskys4life

Ok for months now my neighbors dog has been getting out of the fence. He doesn't go far, but he runs at children and people barking his head off when they walk past on the main street. I thought he was going to attack these three little girls. He is constantly getting out and comes to my fence prompting my dog to start trying to dig out. I told their son about the dog almost attacking those people... but the dog continues to get out. I am afraid something is going to happen to the dog, get hit by a car or attack someone protecting his territory. I dont blame the dog, I blame the owners. I KNOW they know about it. I've heard them yell at him for it. So he got out again yesterday and was barking at people again so I called animal control. I'm not trying to get him taken away, but I think someone needs to talk to these people and tell them to fix the yard so he cant get out. My dog has gotten out three times from my yard and each time I went and bought chicken wire fencing to put on the areas so she cant get out. Someone is coming today to talk to me. Do you think I am wrong to call?

You are NOT being NOSEY at all! I have the same problem. Only the neighbors are a small company and they have now just 1 German Shepard. The dog and the other one that is now gone ran out of the fenced area and attacked my dog 9 times! Now one dog is gone and the other one still does it. This dog runs after my truck too. The dog only ran after my dog when nobody was looking. The problem is that they leave the fence open during the day to get their forklift in and out. Also, they dont beleive this ever happend!! Im so sick of it. There is no animal control here. The police gave them a citation last time it happened and we went to court over it. The owner said it didnt happen even though he wasnt there and i had witnesses!!! :WTF:

You are doing the right thing. I live in the country so theres not much i can do.
Hang in there.

You definately did the right thing!! :)
I really hate ignorant dog owners, who think their dog can do no wrong. :roll: :evil:
Hopefully getting the animal control involved will make them realise how serious the situation has got, and get them to sort it out!!!

I feel sorry for the dog too. He seems like a really good dog. When he comes to my fence I open the door and tell him to go on home and he runs straight home. Whenever a car goes by, he runs right home. Hes just protecting his territory. What I think the problem is is that he doesn't get played with or walked and he normally only gets out when they are not home, so that tells you hes lonely. I just dont want to see him get hurt. You know?

:o Ugh! I can't stand it when people can't care for their dog. They shouldn't have bought one if they could not handle it!

You TOTALLY did the right thing! :laola: I'm so glad you did it because maybe now these people will realize that they really must do something about the yard because they obviously don't realize now that their dog could...unfortunately be killed or be injured...by a car... :( Sad But True..Way To Go :D :wink: Also, if the dog was just roaming around, Dog Pound could have taken him away, am i right? :-?

[color=darkred]There are owners who couldn't careless what there dogs get up too they get a puppy which gets too much to handle or sometimes when the novalty has worn off they throw them out, most just have them has guard dogs not pets and therefore allow them to roam which is wrong! A dog doesn't need to be trained to protect his home its in there nature to do it themselves without the risk of anyone getting bitten unless an intruder appears on scene, that should not be there ie. breaking in! A dog that is excluded from seeing people or isn't loved etc will bark or even snap when it does finally meet a strange person, has they see them as a threat especially if it gets teased by its owner or in public!

I see a few roaming round, mostly if not all unneutered...these tend to be the ones that are biters or fearers and will bark growl or cower at the site of a passerby. They can become dominant and protective of there own surroundings, just like wild dogs can and will not essitate to snap at anyone who walks near! Of course its the owners fault, (unless bought up properly) dogs don't know right from wrong, its there owner's responsibility for that dog and if they can't handle it then why have the bloody dog in the first place! Obviously this dog is very lonely and bored and needs some attention but doesn't know where to get it, I know how you feel husky....it makes me so damn :x

I can't understand how the law allows people to get away with it either, its a great big risk for the dog itself and people!
All animals diserve a chance to be happy not illtreated!
Mind you some children diserve a chance to be happy too!

(ITS A VICIOUS CIRCLE)[/color]