Dogomania

UPDATE! Man facing charges after saving dog from fire!

Rosebud

How far would you go for your dog?

I thought everyone would like to see how much one can love their pet. The man had repeatedly asked the firemen to rescue his dog and they said that they would have to wait until the fire was under control. He didn't want to wait so he smashed the glass door with equipment of the firemen's. He was arrested for reckless endangerment.

[url]http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1241551[/url]

[b][color=red][size=6]All charges have been dropped![/size][/color][/b]

:angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you people realize the harm a person can cause by running back into a fire?? if there had been a child in there the person running back in would have hindered the firemen in the rescue...there have been people who have died running back into a fire (some times for stupid things like paper work!) the firemen are fully equipped to handle emergency situations and have the uniforms to protect them...my father has saved many dogs & cats from burning buildings (and even saved a tank full of tropical fish on a few occasions)...and many children who usually always hide in closests or under the bed...it makes it hard to do your job when you have some one trying to run in and then you have to save them also!

GOOD! I'm glad all charges were dropped. From what I remember of this story, his dog was in plain sight behind a sliding glass door FRANTIC TO GET OUT! It was reported that one of the firemen said, "You can always get another dog." I would have done the same if I could have leaped up onto the balcony. Not all rescue personnel are caring, giving folks like your father (thank God for men like him); there are jerks on fire departments just like every other occupation! (How do I know this? I have a brother-in-law who retired from as a Captain/Training Officer from a professional fire department.) So I am pleased that this guy faces no charges.

How could he let his faithful friend burn to death in plain sight?

[quote name='behle']

How could he let his faithful friend burn to death in plain sight?[/quote]

I personally couldn't. As stupid as running back into a fire is for you and your colleagues- there is no way in the world I could leave my dog (any dog, really) to die in front of me. :cry:

[quote name='behle']GOOD! I'm glad all charges were dropped. From what I remember of this story, his dog was in plain sight behind a sliding glass door FRANTIC TO GET OUT! It was reported that one of the firemen said, "You can always get another dog." I would have done the same if I could have leaped up onto the balcony. Not all rescue personnel are caring, giving folks like your father (thank God for men like him); there are jerks on fire departments just like every other occupation! (How do I know this? I have a brother-in-law who retired from as a Captain/Training Officer from a professional fire department.) So I am pleased that this guy faces no charges.

How could he let his faithful friend burn to death in plain sight?[/quote]

You are right, he begged the firemen for almost a half hour to go and rescue his dog, he was not at home when the fire started and when he arrived the firemen were just standing around watching the fire, he finally got feed up and went and got his dog hisself.

I didn't figure they would be able to hold the charges since the firemen wouldn't put a ladder and break the glass door and let the pup out. You could see the dog from the street.

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

The dog was reported to have been an American pit bull terrier aka pitbull. Go figure. If it would have been a poodle or a lab they probably would have risked their lives to save it but a silly old pitbull nahhh. :evil:

Good For Him!! :D :D :D

What has this world come to? When a person does something good, like saving his loved one from a fire, he is almost sent to jail! But when a puppy millers continue to abuse puppies and dogs, there is nothing done about it! :evil:

AND, when they do catch people absuing thier animals, they have less than 13 months in jail! :evil:

THANK GOODNESS the charges where dropped! :D If Rowie had been in this man's dog's position, I would've done the same!