Dogomania

Life Forever?

Luka-pop

No, I've never had a desire to live forever. I worry too much about the future. I'm very goal oriented and to live forever would be torture. It's like there would constantly be too many obstacles. Every day would be a personal challenge and to have to keep striving to do better and better and to be more successful... Can you imagine being 45786374222 years old and STILL trying to achieve MORE success? Ack! I'd rather die happy and peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather (not like the passengers screaming in his car...).

Then again, I always sort of thought it would be a cool idea for population control if people were stamped with expiration dates when they're born. "Hey, pal, time's up!"

Guest Anonymous

Deffently no... my life's hectic as it is! Just seems to be getting more hectic every day too, so I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Plus, I'd go crazy if the world had all these problems I couldn't fix for the rest of my life, which would be forever :o Until I die I can handle, but forever? NO. (Plus I agree about the rainbow bridge thing :wink: )

If I knew I wasn't going to get bored and that the rest of the world wouldn't end on me, then I might, possibly.
But unless I knew that I'd have to say no, unless I was the only person who had the chance, cuz then it would just be cool to be the only person on earth who got to live forever.... all my friends dying around me every couple of decades would probably get a little depressing though :cry:

i`d have to say ..no i wouldn`t want to live forever, coz i really need to see my babies again, who are waiting for me at the rainbow bridge, :cry: but it would be nicer if we could live a bit longer than we already do :lol: , as long as i knew for sure the world wasn`t going to suddenly end horribly. :o

Guest Anonymous

I WISH I could be invisible oh, no i wish i could fly...

i wouldnt want to live forever though, the satate the planet is in and the wars and having to watch all your friends and family die and not be able to do anything. I think it would drive you insane. NO thanks

I'm not scared of death. I think I am more scared of the manner of my eventual death. :-?

No way would I want to be immortal. To see family and friends and pets die before you all the time, to see fighting and conflict and history repeating itself, to be constantly despairing of the human race and its stupidity... no thanks. I'd rather have a time machine. :wink:

K - have you been reading the Vampire novels by Anne Rice. After reading those I always have an inkling to be a vampire mostly because they live through time and get to see everything.

I think I would prefer to have a time machine rather than live forever though.

Being a vampire could have it's advantages, becoming a bat..for example.
I think I'd rather be an elf, like in Lord of the Rings, they get to live forever, and they're really cool. Pointy ears and such...get to shoot bows and arrows too yipee!
And then I'd marry Legolas and go live in a tree.
Yay! .........I'm starting to worry about my growing insanity..anywho... :D

My mum has hardly been out of hospital these past 2 years, several different things, mostly breathing difficulties, blood clots and now she has heart failure and ulcerated legs. Things have been really bad and I had her here with me for a while. When she went home I arranged for a carer to go in in the mornings, it gave me peace of mind. I live in another town about 12 miles away. There are eight of us siblings but you wouldn't think so with the amount of time they put in (Zilch). Only myself and my sister (mostly myself) seem to care even though the others live closer, it's funny because we are the two youngest, it's the older ones that don't seem to be bothered.

At the moment, having lost a lot of weight she is the best she's been for a long time and has been able to cancel the carers. I even picked her up Mon, Wed, Fri last week and took her out and about which she hadn't been able to do for a while. So I don't agree about not wanting to be a burden on anyone, I would never consider my mother a burden even though I lost nearly 3 stone with the stress of it all, I would gladly do it all again. As far as I'm concerned she looked after us when my father died (I was only 8 years old) and was left to fend for eight children at 42 years of age (she's 84 now). She worked bloody hard and deserves all the help I can give her now.

My mum's mind is as sharp as a pin, I never think of her as being old and I've always took her everywhere with me. We took her Tenerife last year and hired a mobility scooter for her (she has one at home) but every night she was too drunk to drive it back to the hotel, we had to put her in a taxi and my fella had to take the scooter back. She was out till 4.00 am every morning. Yeah, but she wouldn't get up for her breakfast.

To answer the original question, no I wouldn't want to live forever, nor would my mum. But then again there's no way I want her to die even if it meant looking after her 24/7, as long as she has got the will to live I have got the strength to look after her with no conditions attached.

Sorry to have gone on but it's been quite an emotional time.

Hi Marion sorry to hear about your mum's troubles .
She sounds like quite a character though !! :lol:
She must be so proud of you every mum should have a daughter like you ! :wink:
One of my best friends (big sister wulluff) had that kind of a relationship with her mum and she lost her to cancer it's so sad :cry:
My mum and I don't really have that bond it's a shame really.
My sisters and I are very close though I know I'll always have them.
They're :angel: :angel: 's like you

ellieangel, if you told my mum you thought I was an angel she'd laugh her head off. She sometimes drives me mad and vice versa. Everthing I've said about not wanting her to die etc is true, but it isn't all sweetness and light, she can be very selfish sometimes, and she takes me for granted all of the time.

I very often tell her I've got MUG tattooed across my forehead. I'd still do anything for her, even though we have our arguments :agrue: we always make up. :D

At least you are close to your sisters', I am only close to one of mine, the others can go and take a running jump!!!!

Actually Marion don't tel wulluff I told you this but me and snowpaws are real sisters and we 'adopted' wulluff as our big sister because her sisters are useless !!! :roll:
We are sisters though and as far as strangers are concerned that's how we introduce each other !! :wink:
I gave woolluff a fridge magnet that says 'friends are the family we choose for ourselves' that's how I see it anyway we are all as loyal to each other as any 'real' sisters, I do know how lucky I am, woolluff and I only really got together as friends about 18 months ago but I knew after the first day we spent together that I had made a friend for life.
Soppy isn't it !!

I think that's great, you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends. :angel:

My grandma is 89 and has fairly advanced dementia along with a host of other medical problems, the most prominent one now being that she has to have all her bottom teeth out because they are rotten. the problem is that she can't really have a general anaesthetic because her haemogloblin (sp?) is so low, she could die under the GA. (she can't have a local because she can't stay still.) She said to my mum the other day, "you know, you CAN live too long." :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It is heartbreaking to watch my plump, lovely nanna, who has been through so much in her long life, waste away in a society that doesn't care about her because she's old and senile. :evil:

You are spot on BK.

Nobody cares about the old, especially in this country. The hospital care is atrocious I think they just want them to roll over and die. In a lot of countries the elderly are treated with respect and revered, here they just get dumped. The thing is we have all got it coming.

So sorry to hear about your nana but at least you care, that's the point. It's difficult when they have dementia, I don't know what I would do, a few people I know feel guilty because they have put their parents in homes. They all had dementia and were roaming the streets in the middle of the night, so in that situation there was no choice. Luckily my mum is 100% in her mind and while she is like that there is no way I would put her in a home (it would kill her). It has been mentioned by other members of the family but that's because they don't want to be bothered.

Love and best wishes to your nana and just keep on loving her no matter what! IN THE END THAT'S WHAT COUNTS :buzi: :buzi: :buzi: :buzi:

sorry to hear about your mum marion--I was a carer to my dad when he had lung cancer-- my youngest sister did very little she would only come with me to visit which was not very often-- my eldest sister did not belive how ill he was said he will go on for years. Dad had married again my mum had died 13 years earlier. I went to spend a whole day with him 4 days every week he lived 12 miles away--no he was not a burden I was giveing his wife a break so she was able to cope-- I did become very close to him at this time---but I would not want to go though what dad went though :(