This isn't fair to me.
I don't know what I did wrong.
The murder of Innocents
has gone on too long.

Here comes the needle,
And even though I pull,
This shelter along with many
has killed another innocent Pit Bull.

Everyday, thousands of Pit Bulls who are perfectly capable of getting good homes are euthanized just because the shelter doesn't allow the breed to be adopted out.

Yes I made it myself. It took about 30 minutes, but as I looked back at the un-neccesary (SP?) killings of this wonderful breed, it came faster than I planned. I am glad you like it. There are sites on the internet where you can post your own poes, and I think I'll post this one up one day.

• 6 months later...
Guest Anonymous

When my boyfriend and I decided on getting a dog, he wanted a Pit Bull but I wanted a Chihuahua. Of course, total opposite! I was scared at first b/c of the rumors and stories. But I agreed any we got Taz the Pit Bull.

I am so HAPPY with Taz b/c Pit Bulls are really affectionate and smart. I couldn't ask for anything better!!!

Keli

I'll never forget the episode of animal cops when they confiscated a fighter's dogs. There was a six month old pup in the mix, and the vet tech was crying silently as she carried him to back room. (capitalize that: The Back Room) the puppy licked the tears off her face, over and over, washing her face as she carried him to his early demise.

Guest Anonymous

I saw that one.... :cry:

That poem is very sad but so true to life. Do you mind if I cross post it?

Ugh I don't know why I am sharing these this you, but here's a BSL poem I wrote....

I heard my Mommy crying today and my Daddy too,
I

Guest Mutts4Me

I know the Michigan Humane Society's policy on pits is harsh and very, very sad, but they do it to protect the dogs from falling into the wrong hands, because Detroit has a huge, huge problem with dog fighting, which is evident in every single episode of Animal Cops. They figure a quick, humane death is better than falling into the wrong hands and being used to fight or as bait.

Though I saw one episode not too long ago where they rescued a litter of mixed breed puppies, and they determined them to be part pit. But instead of euthanizing as policy would call for, they called a rescue group to take the puppies and give them the special attention they'd need to be good, socialized family pets. I almost cried with relief, because as soon as they said the puppies were part pit, I got this icy feeling in my chest.

Guest Anonymous

As much as seeing them putting all Pit Bulls directly to sleep, I would rather that happen...then the dog being used for fighting. But in a perfect world the ones that would make good family pets, should be given a second chance...in a rescue or another shelter with a different policy.

Thanks Abker and Ellie! :oops: