Dogomania

I found something that's new for me!

Petfinder.com is what I have just discovered. I found no Redbones as of yet, but I did find a Dalmatian puppy that I'm thinking of adopting. And I found some others as well. Here is the Dal pup. [url]http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1431264&adTarget=468dogbaby&SessionID=3e9f4cbd774e3dff-app2&display=&preview=1&row=25[/url]

No pressure added. But he looks so healthy. I was hoping to adopt a dog that was in desperate need of a home. Maybe a Pit or Pit mix. A dog that most likely wouldn't be adopted otherwise. But this pup is definately to be kept in mind. I only did a search for babies though. I am doing one for all ages of dogs!

[b]Please[/b] don't get a pit bull just because they're not likely to be adopted otherwise. Do some research on the breed, talk to people who are experienced with them, and if you're still interested in them afterwards, [b]then[/b] start to look for one to adopt (unless you're already experienced with the breed(s)). A lot of pit bulls end up in shelters because people get them not knowing what they're getting into, then can't handle them once the "new dog high" wears off and they sink back into reality. I'm not saying that you shouldn't adopt one, just that it's important to know a lot about any breed you're interested in adopting, let alone a strong, determined, high energy breed like a pit bull. :lol:

Yea, I agree with Goo there. Don't just get a dog because you feel sorry that it might not get adopted. That's the wrong rought (sp) to go. Personally, the only way I'd every adopt/buy a pit is from a very very very responsible reputable breeder that breeds for temperment and health not gameness or whatever you call it and strenght and look. I just don't feel comfortable knowing how strong and energentic that breed can be. But that's just me....

Anyways... that petfinder thing is pretty kewl. Nice, good for future reference (hopefully). I THINK (I'm not sure) that my cous got his Boston Terrier from there, and he's a great little dog. Very very shy, but great all the same.

:D

Well I think that Encyclo would probably make sure that he picks a dog that he can be a forever home to. I think with all of the Bully parents here at Dogo that he will have lots of support and guidance. I also feel that if he is already planning on getting a Redbone Coonhound then Angel might be his other baby. It said she is deaf and would benefit from having another dog around to be her ears and she is already living with 4 other dogs that she gets along great with.

Now ????? to Pit owners. How do they get along with Redbone Coonhound's and Encyclo how would your Red get along with a Pit?

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

Goo's right. Too many people think, awww look at the little APBT puppy. He is soooo cute and he must be soooo sweet. Yea, they are cute and sweet but they will also most likely be dog aggressive, regardless of socialization. They can be difficult to walk, especially if you dont want a dog that pulls your arm out every time you put him on a leash (they are natural pullers) and their energy level is, as goo said, extremely high.

[quote]Now ????? to Pit owners. How do they get along with Redbone Coonhound's and Encyclo how would your Red get along with a Pit? [/quote]

APBTs USUALLY dont get along with other dogs, of any breed, male or female. Even if they seem to get along okay you should NEVER leave them alone together. If you do, you will one day come home to a dead dog, and it wont be the bulldog.

:D

Thank you Hmmm. Very good to know this and I think that will help Encyclo's decision.

Encyclo if you want Angel talk to the Pit owners, learn the breed. If you want a Red Coonhound, get one. Unfortunately it might not be a good idea to get both.

Anyways, Proud of you for looking at rescues. Let us know how many we can deduct from the 900k-billion left.

:angel:

[quote]she is already living with 4 other dogs that she gets along great with[/quote]
She's still just a baby though at 8 months old. Dog aggression can start to show up at anytime, but usually between 1 and 3 years of age. So unless Encyclopedia is fully willing to deal with any dog aggression that the dog may eventually have, a young, immature dog is not the best choice (an older dog would be a safer bet, but still no guarantees). If she/he gets a pit bull, and it becomes aggressive towards her other dogs, he/she will have to supervise them at ALL times (can't even go the the bathroom without either crating one or dragging it in there with you), and may even have to keep them completely seperate (their house will look like a cute little maze, full of babygates and boards across doorways so that the dogs can get to where they need to be without direct contact with each other :roll: ). Most mature pit bulls do best as only pets, or with one other dog of the opposite sex.

Praire i'm a little bothered by your understanding of Gameness. you seem to think it's a bad thing. it isn't. gameness means a whole lot of thing.

gameness n. The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, bravery, courage, courageousness, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, heart, intrepidity, intrepidness, pluckiness, spirit, stoutheartedness, undauntedness, valiance, valiancy, valiantness, valor. Roget

Encyclopedia, the shepherd is adorable. I hope you get her/him (don't remember which it was).

I found both of my wonderful girls on Petfinder.com, and ended up getting them both from the same shelter, six months apart. The shelter I got them from housed all the animals in foster homes, so that way I got a fairly good idea of how they each were in a home setting. And what the fosters said about the dogs ended up being right on.