Dogomania

Would you do it?

Bronxie

I need to get Elle spayed. the aspca in NYC has a van that goes around the tri state area and they spay and neuter animals for free. It's first come first serve and I'm taking Elle this friday. I'm kind of hesitant though. I've gone to the aspca hospital and they're great there but spaying a dog in a automobile is disturbing to me :o Here's the link [url]http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cares[/url] Would you take your beloved animal? There's pics of the van. It looks sterile. :cry:

Would I do it? No, I wouldn't because of the fact that it's a first-come-first-serve and I figure that I have the money to pay for it at a vet and there are people out there who don't. But, If I didn't have the money I'd go for it. Looks sterile. Hmm... was there something there that said anything about if something "wrong" happens what they'll do about it?? Didn't see anything but I didn't look too hard either.

I would not do the van thing. It is good they are doing something like that to help unwanted litters of puppies. BUt I would not do that. IN a van, NO. Heaven forbid if something went wrong. BUt I would get my dog spayed at the humane society vet office. They charge you but it is a lot cheaper than a vets office. My vet wanted 360 to spay my dog and I don't have that kind of money and the humane society charges only 45. I would call around and get differnt prices though.

Well if you're on public assistance they do it for free. They ask for a $25 donation if you're not. I'm not so if I go I'll give the donation. I really don't know about this. I think I'll go check it out on Friday morning and if I get a weird vibe, I'm not doing it! :o Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated :angel:

Well I went and didn't get a chance to go in because there were people standing in the cold since 7am to get their animals neutered. So all the spots were filled. I'm glad Elle didnt get done there because the pictures of the van on the website are very misleading :o So I made an appointment with the humane society instead. She'll have to stay overnight there, but I'd rather that than to spay her in a van :(

Good for you. This way, you'll know your doggy will be safe and you seem more sure of your decision. Overnight is no big deal... at least they're keeping her there to make sure that she's AOK. That's a good thing.

So, was the van grubby?? Where the people in line rich, poor, in between,etc???