Dogomania

Can you compete in agility with a neuterd dog?

Crested

Just wondering... I know that if a dog is neuterd you can't go to dogshows, but how is it with agility? I know you can TRAIN agility, but how about competing? It would be fun to see how Ben does in competitions. I'm going to go on an agility course with Ben this summer. I tried obedience, but that isn't intresting to Ben AT ALL! We tried a little agility (a couple jumps etc.) and Ben LOVED it, so that's why we are going on an agility course insead. Mabye that will boost Ben's confidence too, so he will be even more comfortable with other dogs. He's done so much improvement this winter (he's scared of other dogs) so I will continue introducing Ben to other dogs.

/Crest

ABSOLUTELY YES! I don't know of ANY registry that would prohibit neutered dogs, I know AKC, UKC, USDAA, NADAC, CPE all welcome neutered dogs. You can also compete in obedience with a neutered dog. Most if not all canine sports welcome neutered dog, it's only conformation that requires an intact dog.
All of my dogs are neutered/spayed, all have competed.

It all depends on the dog club your a member of. Here in the US the ADBA has weightpull comps but your dog has to be reg but can be fixed that doesn't matter. Purina sponsors agility comps over here where the dogs can be mutts, fixed, disabled,or pure bred breeding stock doesn't matter. For me because Lec doesn't have papers we will pull in the IWPA comps. we also have local clubs by region and state where regular people take the dogs and play against each other. you lose the fame and glory of being a national champion but everyone in your circle knows you have great dog and you can still brag. But i know nothing about Finnland.