Dogomania

question for Dobie people

Marble

hey, i know this is probably one of those things that's kind of dumb to ask about but i'm curious........do any of you people with female dobbermans remember how big they were at a year old? i'm curious because i have a mix that is (i'm pretty sure) part dobie and part ACD, i keep thinking she's done growing and then she starts growing again.......they don't really finish growing till about two years right? just wondering, thanks for any help you all can give....she's only 50 pounds but her head is already at dinner table height, she's really tall and skinny.....thanks.

[quote name='Marble']hey, i know this is probably one of those things that's kind of dumb to ask about but i'm curious........do any of you people with female dobbermans remember how big they were at a year old? i'm curious because i have a mix that is (i'm pretty sure) part dobie and part ACD, i keep thinking she's done growing and then she starts growing again.......they don't really finish growing till about two years right? just wondering, thanks for any help you all can give....she's only 50 pounds but her head is already at dinner table height, she's really tall and skinny.....thanks.[/quote]

A female Dobe may attain her full height, or darn close to it, by one year old but she will still need another year to "body out"....get more rib spring and fill in. My bitch was about 50 pounds at one year old. She's almost seven now and weighs in around 59 to 60 pounds. She's dead in the center of standard height for bitches, 25" at the withers. Many folks think she looks small.....for some reason the BYB Dobes that people run into more frequently than show bred Dobes do tend to be larger.

thanks for your help :) i have been suprised in the last few months at how tall and skinny she's gotten and it is really funny to watch her grow. right now her body just got really long and skinny and her legs are too short and her head is way to small :) it looks like when it all gets coordinated she could be a couple inches taller.....i think she should be about a year now, or close to it but you know how that goes with adoptees.....i thought she was younger than the pound did but who knows. anyway, it's nice to have some idea about how big purebreds are, thanks very much :)