Dogomania

Middle Names??

Do your dogs have middle name? I am speaking of call names rather then show names

Mary's full name is Mary Jane King. Now we are getting Stewart (to be called Stewie) but we can't come up with a middle name. So do you all have any suggestions?? What goes good with Stewart? I prefer old English human names.

My mother always used my middle name when I was in trouble, sure some of you had similar experiences. I caught myself doing it with Mary and that is how she got her middle name. We use it at other times as well, but it does help with right tone of voice to use the middle name, she knows she's in trouble. :lol:

:lol:

Dogs do learn more than one name and know which names are for when their in trouble.

Sally is Sally-Rose when I need her attention right then and Missy!! if she choses to ignore me or has gotten into trouble.

Rocco is Rocket when he's in trouble.

I can't think of a good name to go with Stewart, maybe if Stewart was the middle name

:angel:

My animals have always had middle names. I name them like I would a child. :roll:
I have Sassafrass Louise , Gretchen Josephine , Maisy Mae , and Kato Kitty .
I do tend to call them by both names when they're getting into trouble or maybe not acting nicely to each other !!! :oops: :wink:
People think I'm over the top !! :roll:

Sadly, no middle names....just nicknames:

Ben:
The Benster
Benjy-Man
Benjamin (when he is in trouble)
Bennieboy (when he needs baby talk)
Goomer Dog (when he does something goofy)

Max:
The Maxtor
Poor Max-i-well (when he has a painfull day - arthritis)
Maxwell (when he is in trouble)
Maxer-Dog (when he over-extends himself)
Doofus Dog (when he does something really silly)

These are SECRET NAMES! Not said when other people are around, since I don't want to really reinforce the fact that I am dotty about my guys! :roll:

My dogs both have middle names: Shadow Josephine (to make her name sound more gurlish) and Rocky Kadon (kadon is nodak spelled backwards). They also have their nick-names which I use more than their real names have the time...

Shadow:
PITA (pain in the ass)
Dow-dow (not do do as in crap you pick up in the yard)
Tedo (very popular)
"my yittle bebe!!" (my baby name for her)

and she is also known as BLACK DOG, MAGIC, and many many more when people forget her name and tend to call her by the name of their own black lab. Oh, people around here.

Rocky:
Weekie (my baby name for him)
Dog (when I get fustrated with him)

and others I can't even remember. Sometimes I just call them names at the spare of the moment... and I wonder why they "ignore" me half the time. lol. They also respond to each other's names too!! (very smart dogs, eh?)

Behle: tell the world u luv ur doggies!!! My friends know most of my dog's nicknames and invented a couple (which I can not post here) of their own. lol...

Most of my guys have nick-names, sometimes more than one, probably similar to middle names. Here goes: [u]Cricket[/u] the Pom is Crickey-poo, Crick, Poofy-butt, or shnoozle. Out in the big dog yard is [u]Bug[/u], who also goes by Bugaloo, Loo, or Brown; [u]Merlin, [/u]who is also Squirrel or White; [u]Happy[/u] who is also Happy Malamute, or knee-biter (note: she is a nervous dog and her particular habit is nibbling the hair on her knee. Strange but true... :roll: ) [u]Aesa[/u] goes by Aesa, Aesa funny face or sausage, [u]Gemma[/u] is also Gemma the coyote cause she looks like one, [u]Tynan [/u]is Tynan the Wolf for the same reason, [u]Woofy [/u]also goes by Goofy for reasons that become obvious after you spend some time with her, [u]George[/u] is also Red or Collie dog,, [u]Zeus [/u]also goes by Zooo, old man, or Mr. Zeus, and his son [u]Washburn [/u]also goes by Bernie, idiot, Bernie-butt, ya big cow, or toad.
Jeez, after I read this I sound like a total loon.... :D

No, no, no! Pumkin, you don't sound like a loon! Pumpkin and Priarie Gurl, you've got some cool names for your furkids! I love this thread! All the posters are so creative at naming and nicknaming! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm getting lots of good ideas for future use! Ooops, hope you don't mind.... :oops:

Guest Anonymous

What a fun topic!! :D

Yeah, all I think of with Stewart is Stewart Little too!! LOL

Hazel's got two too... "Nut Meg" but I pretty much just like put it as her name sorta deal... I always yell out "HAZEL NUT MEG" when she's in trouble too! LOL :lol: I always thought I was a little weird for that...
I always thought I was the only one who gave their dog's middle name's too! LOL
Blue's was "Jay"
Daphne's was "Kitty"
Jasper didn't really have one, he didn't live long enough :( I was thinking along the lines of something to do with mountains though, cuz we named him after Jasper cuz his fur resembled the mountains... I duno, just how they looked, like the colouring sorta deal... In the winter anyway, he wasn't green :wink:

All of my dogs share the same middle name. It is "NO!"

As a matter of fact, that is the name listed on my Perry's chart at the vet... "Perry-NO."

I'm sure that doesn't help, being it's not very regal sounding, but sometimes I give up creativity in exchange for practicality (izzat a word?). :-?

:D My female huskies name is Brianna Nylea which means strong beautiful eyes. She is called pretty girl, drop it, no chew.

My male huskies name is Ulric SLoan, means wolf warrior. Let me tell you he does not live up to the name. He is a big baby, He goes by big boy, pretty boy, mr lick a lot( gee wonder why he is called that one. ) DOWN.

There is many more but I can't think of them now. My 4 year old niece has names for them too. She loves the dogs and they love her.

I think nicknames are more common than proper names anyway....I only call my dogs (and my kid) by their proper names (KYLE RICHARD!! ALEX!! FREEBEE!!) when they're in trouble anyway....

otherwise it's Alex-Dog, Biggie Dog Biggie....Freebee-girl Freebee-babe Freeb Baby....They have to be considered intelligent just to remember that all of that refers to THEM!! LOL

It reminds me of the old Bill Cosby skit when his kids thought there names were "Jesus Christ" and "God D*** It!"

:D

Thanks behle!!! You can use my nick-names... and mid names too. Not like they're copy writed or anything. lol.

Pumpkin, we're all totall loons here so don't worry about it!!!

MM, out of the three you narrowed it down to, I'd pick Stewart Michael. But, that's just my opinion. I still like Stewart Little though. LOL.