Dogomania

dogs homes

julie45

[b] well i just heard yesterday about a dogs home that just lets you go and pick a dog then you can take it home with you there and then.
now thats ok but i know of one dog thats just been brought from a dogs home and its been out side in the cold,been let of to wonder the streets. so how much better of is this poor dog.i know for a fact these people have had at least 4 dogs from there, and have got rid of every one yet they keep going to the same home and getting away with it. now i thought dogs homes check you out frist but no not this one as long as you pay for the dog you can have it.do you think this sounds like the way to run a dogs home because i dont.and if this dog gets hurt in any way i am going there myself to tell then. have any of you heard of a dogs home run this way,because this is the first one i know of.i know the story is true because they told me were the dogs come from,and i also know the poor dogs dont stand much of a chance.it should never be. people should always be check when they are rescure in a dog,so the dog has a chance to have a good life not put back into an horrible life.oh i'm sorry i am going on a bit but it dose annouy me so much. :evil: :evil: :evil: [/b]

I think a lot of shelters are run that way. They don't ask many questions, only that if you own/lease, are allowed pets if you lease, have a yard, promise to fix, and stuff like that. Then, of course you make a donation. But, they have so many animals that need adoption, they can't be as picky as a rescue.

i know someone who is single and has 2 kids (5 and 7?) and 3 ofthe shelters wouldnt let her adopt becouse of the young kids and the fact that she dosent make lots of money, she had owned a Rott/Boxer mix and he had died at age 14 almost a year ago, so even if she dosent have lots of money she cared for that dog. So she didnt want her kids (and herself) to not have a dog. She ended up buting a Basenji pup from a pet store... if the shelter had let her adopt a dog a life would have been saved, not wasted.

That's too bad. The humain society I got Shadow from was pretty good about making sure she was goin to a good home. We had to sign a contract saying that we're gonna take care of her no matter what, and that we'd spay her within 6 months.. we had to fax in the vet sheet that confirmed that she was spayed... and they called to ask too.